The Student Room Group

How is everyone revising for the Spanish Speaking Paper 3 Speaking A Level

I need some advise on how to revise for this, my exam is next week how is everyone revising?
Original post by thedoctorwhovian
I need some advise on how to revise for this, my exam is next week how is everyone revising?

Do a bunch of past paper's it will help a lot. If you look for some past papers that people did last year for their GCSEs and try to ask someone (friend or family member) to test you on some questions it will be very beneficial for you
Just had my speaking exam (AQA) and to revise I did all of the practice speaking cards from the previous year - remember to disregard any cards that link to your IRP. I made flashcards and mindmaps for each topic, collating additional A04 information about Spanish speaking communities and how the topic links and I came up with questions that I thought the examiner would ask so I could practice answering. Also learnt some set higher level phrases so I could get subjunctive tenses in etc!
Reply 3
Original post by hamzab1302
Do a bunch of past paper's it will help a lot. If you look for some past papers that people did last year for their GCSEs and try to ask someone (friend or family member) to test you on some questions it will be very beneficial for you

Just quick heads up 'past papers' and 'beneficial to you' *
Reply 4
Do you remember what the card was about? And what questions came up in it??

This would be incredibly helpful. Thanks.
Original post by livhopkinson
Just had my speaking exam (AQA) and to revise I did all of the practice speaking cards from the previous year - remember to disregard any cards that link to your IRP. I made flashcards and mindmaps for each topic, collating additional A04 information about Spanish speaking communities and how the topic links and I came up with questions that I thought the examiner would ask so I could practice answering. Also learnt some set higher level phrases so I could get subjunctive tenses in etc!
Did mine as well. I wrote down a bunch of key phrases and repeated all of them till I remembered it. I listened to Spanish podcasts for pronunciation. I think the most important tip here is to practice, which I’m surprised no one said! I spoke with my teacher after school and I spoke with my schools Spanish assistant frequently. I did past tarjetas with them and they gave me tips. When practicing I didn’t write anything down so it forced me to think on the spot. I improved a lot by doing that. Writing things down only gets you far, find a friend or teacher and TALK WITH THEM!
Best of luck x
Reply 6
That's great!!!
What were your 2 cards about??

Original post by watershower
Did mine as well. I wrote down a bunch of key phrases and repeated all of them till I remembered it. I listened to Spanish podcasts for pronunciation. I think the most important tip here is to practice, which I’m surprised no one said! I spoke with my teacher after school and I spoke with my schools Spanish assistant frequently. I did past tarjetas with them and they gave me tips. When practicing I didn’t write anything down so it forced me to think on the spot. I improved a lot by doing that. Writing things down only gets you far, find a friend or teacher and TALK WITH THEM!
Best of luck x
Something like baptisms and something on Spanish festivals (I forgot already lol)
Original post by RDL123
That's great!!!
What were your 2 cards about??
baptisms ahh that would be hard to talk about! was that under los valores tradicionales y modernos??

Something like baptisms and something on Spanish festivals (I forgot already lol)
Yes it was, but that was the one I revised the most for so I had some key phrases under my belt. Just rambled on about religion and the church :tongue:
Original post by pinkkkk0909
baptisms ahh that would be hard to talk about! was that under los valores tradicionales y modernos??
Reply 10
For the Spanish festivals do you remember which festivals?
I think it was Carnival..and then I mentioned the importance of costumbres (forgot what it means in English) and I spoke about other festivals and traditions like Flamenco and which ones I would like to participate in.
Original post by RDL123
For the Spanish festivals do you remember which festivals?
you do AQA a level right? because I heard someone got marriage for los valores
I think it was Carnival..and then I mentioned the importance of costumbres (forgot what it means in English) and I spoke about other festivals and traditions like Flamenco and which ones I would like to participate in.
Yup, I do AQA. Someone in my class got marriage as well!
Original post by pinkkkk0909
you do AQA a level right? because I heard someone got marriage for los valores
Reply 14
Do you know any more detail about the marriage one?
And do you know what others in your class got too?

(Original post by watershower)Yup, I do AQA. Someone in my class got marriage as well!
Reply 15
So los valores tradicionales y modernos is on either marriage or baptism?
Reply 16
Maybe make up your own questions, then you can use them during the exam, and answer them generically. Good luck- I have mine on Wednesday.
Original post by thedoctorwhovian
Sneaky advice and probably a couple of days too late but don't bother learning content from both years. For your exam, you'll receive a card from either year 1 or year 2. I chose to only revise A2 content and in the exam chose the card from the second year. Saved me the time and let me revise the second in more depth :biggrin:

For each topic be sure that you know one example at least, for example el racismo - los gitanos.
Reply 18
Thank you!! Is it definitely always one card from year 1 and one from year 2??
Original post by Dunya
Sneaky advice and probably a couple of days too late but don't bother learning content from both years. For your exam, you'll receive a card from either year 1 or year 2. I chose to only revise A2 content and in the exam chose the card from the second year. Saved me the time and let me revise the second in more depth :biggrin:

For each topic be sure that you know one example at least, for example el racismo - los gitanos.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending