The Student Room Group

AQA AS Sociology Prediction 2019

Hi guys,

Do you have any predictions for what might come up on Education and Family and also Research Methods (AQA) This is AS, not A-level.

I couldn't find a thread on this so I made one. All of us can discuss together along with revision.I'm wondering if anyone knows what might come up on exams or has your teacher tell you anything?

Scroll to see replies

hoping this gets some responses... :smile:
Reply 2
me too needed some discussions about the exam
Reply 3
me too needed some discussions about the exam, how you guys revising now there’s not much time left? :smile:
Original post by Sayyy
me too needed some discussions about the exam, how you guys revising now there’s not much time left? :smile:

im honestly finding it so hard to revise.. there is so much and im nearly crying typing this.. my teacher thinks that documents will come up in one of the research methods questions but im not sure. how are you doing? xx
I've gotten so sick and tired of just answering past questions that now I get a past question and plan it in as much depth as I can so that if I was to follow it I'd get full marks or close to full marks and then I read over It loads and try answer it the next day. but just planning it is helpful enough for me
Original post by Sayyy
my friends teacher said she thinks sociology and science will come up in paper 3 but who knows
:frown:
Original post by scarletsalevel
im honestly finding it so hard to revise.. there is so much and im nearly crying typing this.. my teacher thinks that documents will come up in one of the research methods questions but im not sure. how are you doing? xx
Original post by lucy.s.p
my friends teacher said she thinks sociology and science will come up in paper 3 but who knows
:frown:

we only have 2 papers in AS xx
Reply 8
honestly thought my school was the only ones doing AS. Is everyone exam on Tuesday coming and the 20th, because I'm having a breakdown.
Original post by Lidey
honestly thought my school was the only ones doing AS. Is everyone exam on Tuesday coming and the 20th, because I'm having a breakdown.

Yes :smile: these are the right dates! You will be fine!! xx
Is Paper 1 on Education&Research or Family?
Original post by aliciaxvx
Is Paper 1 on Education&Research or Family?

paper 1 is education and research, paper 2 is research and family😂 xx
my teacher thinks documents will come up in one of the research methods questions because it hasn't come up on the new spec or the old spec but i'm not really sure x
Reply 13
My teacher said that the 20 marker on the first paper could be about marketisation/ policies because that hasn't come up before but i'm unsure about the others x
Hi guys,

Do you have any predictions for what might come up on Education and Family and also Research Methods (AQA) This is AS, not A-level.

I couldn't find a thread on this so I made one. All of us can discuss together along with revision.I'm wondering if anyone knows what might come up on exams or has your teacher tell you anything?
Original post by Chaisee
My teacher said that the 20 marker on the first paper could be about marketisation/ policies because that hasn't come up before but i'm unsure about the others x

also, looking at the past papers, they have never asked a question based on gender differences externally or ethnic differences internally so this could be a possibility for the 20 marker too x
Reply 15
Can I place a bet somewhere for £200 that analyzing official documents for education WILL come up and I've learnt NOTHING about it
also, looking at the past papers, they have never asked a question based on gender differences externally or ethnic differences internally so this could be a possibility for the 20 marker too x

Okay, so I've been doing a little digging. Let me break it down.

2016- Class differences external factors was the 20 marker. Unlikely to come up as 20 maker again, as it's already been assessed in 2016.

2017- Gender differences in external factors, unlikely to come up as internal this year.

2018- Ethnic differences external, so internal factors would defo not come up

Sooo this leaves...

Theory------> Funcs, Marx, Fem, New right perspectives on education. I hope they give us theory, I'll honestly just melt in my seat. It's piss easy. *Fingers crossed*.*

OR

Marketisation & Educational policies as potential 20 marker. However, my lecturer did say that it hasn't appeared as a 20m in 20 years, so it is unlikely. He was saying they don't like to ask that as a 20m. It's normally a 6 or 10. Then again, they could be really cruel and present this as a question this year. If they do I'm going into cardiac arrest in the exam hall.

I've also broken it down for Methods in context.

Its a pattern every year. They want to asses every topic. Theory & educational policy hasn't come up, so those look promising.

Good luck guys!! Xx :smile:
Original post by romazkl
Can I place a bet somewhere for £200 that analyzing official documents for education WILL come up and I've learnt NOTHING about it

Official stats came up last year, so unlikely to come up again. They've assessed every topic apart from observations and experiments. Observations do look promising tho.

Good luck!! Xx
Original post by Ameilah M.
Okay, so I've been doing a little digging. Let me break it down.

2016- Class differences external factors was the 20 marker. Unlikely to come up as 20 maker again, as it's already been assessed in 2016.

2017- Gender differences in external factors, unlikely to come up as internal this year.

2018- Ethnic differences external, so internal factors would defo not come up

Sooo this leaves...

Theory------> Funcs, Marx, Fem, New right perspectives on education. I hope they give us theory, I'll honestly just melt in my seat. It's piss easy. *Fingers crossed*.*

OR

Marketisation
(edited 4 years ago)
also what about the families paper ?! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending