The Student Room Group

GCSE English Literature Question 2019

Scroll to see replies

Yes well perhaps in your eyes. I’m sorry I don’t really consider grammar in a text message but that does not mean I cannot use it correctly of I wanted to. All this year I have received high end marks. In terms of language. Well I’ve never much enjoyed it. Perhaps one of my weaker subjects although I do still get a solid 7. It’s all based upon a pointless text and I think we do way too much for one grade. Especially in Lit. I have literally only started revision today and yes perhaps not the best idea but I have chosen to remain calm. TSR literally makes me stress out. Everyone revising from last year. It’s all too much.

Anyways I’ve lost track of my point. I decided to do “English. Should it be compulsory?" As my speaking and received a distinction. It’s not actually about the contents of what you say but rather how you point across that matters.

Original post by samanthaemiliee
May I suggest that English ought to be compulsory if you get the use of the verb to do wrong considering you is your prestation last year?
Original post by Oliviamcn1
I think last year’s power and conflict poetry section was Ozymandias. As the poem takes a focus on the power element, I think it’s likely one of the more conflict orientated poems will be on the exam. Ozymandias has a more natural based element to it also, so I’d guess a war poem would come up or a more subtle poem like Tissue? I’m just guessing. Does anyone have any thoughts on what this years Sign Of Four question could be? I’m doing Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, The Sign Of Four and Power and Conflict poetry

Sign of Four could be (Just a guess btw) Holmes + Watson Relationship
Last year was mametz wood
Reply 83
yeah im doing all of those
1 day tomo
Original post by arieslover
arrrrgh just 4 days till lit paper 1.....my goooooodddddnnnnneeeessss
im bricking it ffs

Original post by zaveenah1234
1 day tomo
i dont even wanna follow predictions and that anymore. Especially not after that biology paper today. AQA must really hate our year group
We were told it's likely to be one of these, I can't remember the reason though: Tissue, Checking Out Me History, Remains, The Emigree
what will be the predictions for tomorrows paper macbeth and jekyll and hyde??? aaaarrrggghhh need help
I think gender / power / order / control for Macbeth and maybe curiosity or appearances for J&H
Original post by arieslover
what will be the predictions for tomorrows paper macbeth and jekyll and hyde??? aaaarrrggghhh need help
yeah i think i can handle gender and power because there is numerous things to say about it but jekyll and hyde is the worst one yet appearances and curiosity links with secrecy and mystery so it might be the case...thank you for the idea x
Original post by JaredB04
I think gender / power / order / control for Macbeth and maybe curiosity or appearances for J&H
Reply 91
Original post by Bluepanda1234
For Macbeth I hope its Lady Macbeth- doubt it though. I think its more likely to be a theme maybe supernatural or power?

Have a feeling we're going to get one of the harder poems. Could be something like 'Kamikaze' or 'poppies'

The chances of supernatural are very low as supernatural was the qs last year
lady macbeth would be more prefered to write about as there is many things to say about this evil antagonist women....ha lol...
Original post by Achsa
I actually really enjoy it, ive even chosen it for A level. I never used to have an interest for it ive just grown a liking to it for some reason
Original post by angela_12
I completely agree, It's a whole load of bull****

I actually really enjoy it!
Some people believe that london is going to be the poem this year
Original post by Achsa
My teachers have said tissue wont be in the exam as it's too hard to put in for EVERYONE as the papers need to be accessible for all to do and Tissue is very high level. Dont get why we learn it its awful
I did **** on that paper - quotes didn’t match
F#@?!#' that EXAM was sooooo irrelevant, I mean them questions :mad:
They couldn’t have possible given a better R and J and J and H and yet I still managed to give it up. Bye bye grade 9

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending