jasmine2019
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Any predicitons for the themes in the english lit paper? I'm doign Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, Inspector Calls and Power and conflict for poems. (AQA)
BLuELiiZzArD786
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What was last years question on Macbeth and Jekyll and Hyde
jasmine2019
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Explain how stevenson creates mystery and tension in jekyll and hyde

Explain how shakespeare presents macbeth and banquos deceitful attitude towards the supernatural
That'sGreat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The irony of misspelling predictions
fabio14.makola
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what about inspector calls,chrstmas carol and merchant of venice
notdyls
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Out of interest, is English Literature compulsory for you? Do you enjoy doing it? I wrote an article about why I think it's unnecessary, would you agree?
angela_12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by notdyls)
Out of interest, is English Literature compulsory for you? Do you enjoy doing it? I wrote an article about why I think it's unnecessary, would you agree?
I completely agree, It's a whole load of bull****
Bluepanda1234
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For Macbeth I hope its Lady Macbeth- doubt it though. I think its more likely to be a theme maybe supernatural or power?

Have a feeling we're going to get one of the harder poems. Could be something like 'Kamikaze' or 'poppies'
jjjjxxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bluepanda1234)
For Macbeth I hope its Lady Macbeth- doubt it though. I think its more likely to be a theme maybe supernatural or power?

Have a feeling we're going to get one of the harder poems. Could be something like 'Kamikaze' or 'poppies'
yehhh its predicted a longer poem would come up because last year they got a short one. Poems like checking out me history are so bad that if it comes up my failure is certain
notdyls
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ASJ_12)
I completely agree, It's a whole load of bull****
Unfortunately unless there is a focus away from schools trying achieving as many high grades as possible, it’s going to be very hard to make it go away. It’s a shame because it seems like a lot of people don’t enjoy it so can’t even benefit from the skills that it does teach.
angela_12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Unfortunately unless there is a focus away from schools trying achieving as many high grades as possible, it’s going to be very hard to make it go away. It’s a shame because it seems like a lot of people don’t enjoy it so can’t even benefit from the skills that it does teach.
I understand what you are saying, in addition, to do well (even if I don't like it whatsoever) you have to revise the poems, quotes, themes, characters, know the contexts and rhyme and rhythm patterns, structure, the list goes on, and this time and effort would no doubt benefit when revising for the more important subjects. It should be an A level/ GCSE option not a required GCSE
angela_12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Please let the poem be London, please please please please
SpanishBook
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jasmine2019)
Any predicitons for the themes in the english lit paper? I'm doign Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, Inspector Calls and Power and conflict for poems. (AQA)
Exactly the same as me
clouddbubbles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
anyone doing lord of the flies?
juliabourlet
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
is anyone doing love and relationships poems or christmas carol, Romeo and Juliet, inspector calls?
Oliviamcn1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think last year’s power and conflict poetry section was Ozymandias. As the poem takes a focus on the power element, I think it’s likely one of the more conflict orientated poems will be on the exam. Ozymandias has a more natural based element to it also, so I’d guess a war poem would come up or a more subtle poem like Tissue? I’m just guessing. Does anyone have any thoughts on what this years Sign Of Four question could be? I’m doing Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, The Sign Of Four and Power and Conflict poetry
jingle bells
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I done my presentation last year on why English should be an option and not compulsory. I mean I am a grade 8/9 student in lit. No so gear at Lang tho. But I think both are totally unnecessary and I think the amount we do for one grade is too much
jingle bells
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by juliabourlet)
is anyone doing love and relationships poems or christmas carol, Romeo and Juliet, inspector calls?
I do R&J and AIC (plus Jekyll and Hyde + power&conflict)
jduxie4414
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just watch the poem be tissue
notdyls
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jingle bells)
I done my presentation last year on why English should be an option and not compulsory. I mean I am a grade 8/9 student in lit. No so gear at Lang tho. But I think both are totally unnecessary and I think the amount we do for one grade is too much
I fully approve of your choice of topic for your presentation! I do believe that language should remain compulsory though, I think that it develops good skills that will be well utilised for the future. It could be said that it's a bit too hard for what it needs to achieve, but that's the point of the grading system right?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (85)
39.17%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.6%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
6.91%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
23.5%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
12.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.37%

Watched Threads