The Student Room Group

EDUQAS/WJEC A-Level Geography Component 1 - 22nd May 2019

As I haven't found any threads for this exam board I thought I'd create one for those who are dealing with the new EDUQAS exams 😅

Here lies exam technique, discussions about the exam or any last minute questions in preparation for Wednesday!

Feel free to add any resources or past papers that may benefit others and aid in the last minute revision :smile:

This covers the Component 1 exam
Section A: Changing Landscapes
Section B: Changing Places
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

not many people do this board
what dyu think will come up?
Reply 2
Finally found someone else who does the same exam board as me!From looking at last years exam paper, I definitely think that Chi Squared will not come up as it came up last year, so that means Spearman's could come up. In the Changing Landscapes section, do you do Coasts or Glaciers? I do coasts
Reply 3
Original post by Olive04
Finally found someone else who does the same exam board as me!From looking at last years exam paper, I definitely think that Chi Squared will not come up as it came up last year, so that means Spearman's could come up. In the Changing Landscapes section, do you do Coasts or Glaciers? I do coasts

Yes I definitely agree, Spearman's is highly likely to come up - which is good because I like that 😅 I also do coasts for the changing landscapes section :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by swifty999
not many people do this board
what dyu think will come up?

I think for changing places there will be some sort of question on deindustrialisation and social inequalities in urban places, or a question on managing rural challenges as I haven't been able to find many past exam questions on those topics!

For changing landscapes though, it's hard to say - possibly a question on aeolian/biotic processes e.g coral reefs or sand dunes.
me too - coasts and changing places - its so hard when its a new spec. We didnt even get taught everything in time - had to do weather on our own as ran out of time...
I was thinking maybe salt marshes
Reply 6
me too - coasts and changing places - its so hard when its a new spec. We didnt even get taught everything in time - had to do weather on our own as ran out of time...
I was thinking maybe salt marshes

We had to complete the last point of Ocean governance on our own. Would like if Coral Reefs came up or something to do with Isostatic and Eustatic change
Reply 7
Original post by heather_19
As I haven't found any threads for this exam board I thought I'd create one for those who are dealing with the new EDUQAS exams 😅

Here lies exam technique, discussions about the exam or any last minute questions in preparation for Wednesday!

Feel free to add any resources or past papers that may benefit others and aid in the last minute revision :smile:

This covers the Component 1 exam
Section A: Changing Landscapes
Section B: Changing Places

I do the same too:smile:
Reply 8
I'm so glad to hear that it wasn't just me and my college who were running out of time with teaching and had to do it ourselves... this spec is so demanding, so much content! 😫
Original post by Olive04
We had to complete the last point of Ocean governance on our own. Would like if Coral Reefs came up or something to do with Isostatic and Eustatic change

Yes I would love questions on either of those, that would be such a nice question and easy to pick up full marks too
Reply 9
Welcome to the thread! Join us in our suffering to the demands of the new spec aha!
Original post by z101
I do the same too:smile:
Reply 10
why would anyone choose this spec :confused:
Original post by heather_19
Welcome to the thread! Join us in our suffering to the demands of the new spec aha!
I'm doing glaciated landscapes.

Any predictions for the changing places 15 marker?
maybe erosional landforms - corries/ cirques! As, last year it was depositional landforms
Original post by nickyconnnm123
I'm doing glaciated landscapes.

Any predictions for the changing places 15 marker?
what other subjects are you doing? - for me PE and Business - both OCR
Im dreading the last Geog paper - long essays - for me Africa Weather plus tectonics
Physics and Chemistry- AQA.
Me too, Africa energy and tectonics are such bulky topics.....
Are avalanches in the glaciation section? We got taught them but I don’t see them in the spec??
Reply 16
Im dreading the last Geog paper - long essays - for me Africa Weather plus tectonics

I do Geology and then the combined English Language and Literature course both EDUQAS 😅

I know same... the last paper I'm dreading too, why they decided to put all the big essays in to one paper is beyond me
Reply 17
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/geography-revision/a-level-wjec/

This has really helped/aided my revision! I am honestly a bit worried about this exam, as we can't really predict what will be on it :/ Hopefully common sense will pull me through lol!
Reply 18
I do French (AQA) and Business (Edexcel).
My worse paper is paper 2 because it is soooo long!
I actually don't mind paper 3 because I feel like it is kind of easy to get marks as you just have to include a load of case studies and diagrams :smile: My topics for paper 3 are Weather & Climate, Tectonic Hazards and Energy Challenges
I am actually amazed to find people on the same weird, annoying exam board! I do Glaciation and obviously Changing Places

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending