The Student Room Group

Science help free science lesson

Can anyone tell me how to take effective notes from a free science lesson vid? I find myself taking notes for LIKE 10 MINS even though it’s a 3 min vid. Thanks in advance!
Instead of writing whole sentences, just shorten them.

I used to write things I already knew which is unnecessary, write what you can learn from the notes you write down.

But recently, I started writing my notes in the margin on my textbooks or class books if you don't have any textbooks while the teacher explains. You could use those for videos too (just find the required topic and write them down). This way you have all the info in one book and you don't have to write much down.
Reply 2
Wait I don’t fully understand, could you explain it again please?
Original post by kurro
Instead of writing whole sentences, just shorten them.

I used to write things I already knew which is unnecessary, write what you can learn from the notes you write down.

But recently, I started writing my notes in the margin on my textbooks or class books if you don't have any textbooks while the teacher explains. You could use those for videos too (just find the required topic and write them down). This way you have all the info in one book and you don't have to write much down.
Original post by ajsar
Wait I don’t fully understand, could you explain it again please?

The last paragraph?
Reply 4
Yes please
Original post by kurro
The last paragraph?
Reply 5
Why do you write it in the margin!?
Original post by kurro
The last paragraph?
What I mean is at the start of the year I bought a chemistry textbook from the exam board that has all the content. (The teachers give me work booklets but I don't find them helpful)
I then take the textbook to each lesson, go to the correct topic and write down useful notes and tips in blank area's whilst the teacher explains. But You can also do that with the video's.
(For the future it is better if you do this from the start so you can go over all of it in exam period) make sense? Sorry if it doesnt, i am sleep deprived :/ got an exam tomorrow lol
Original post by ajsar
Why do you write it in the margin!?

Quick Reply

Latest