The Student Room Group

AQA Eng Lit Paper 2- Loves and Relationships Poetry

Good afternoon all, hope the exam has gone well today :-)

Just curious to see what people compared ‘Winter Swans’ to in the exam today.

I compared it with Porphyria’s Lover.

Scroll to see replies

I compared to Sonnet 29
Nice, I was thinking about comparing it to that initially. How did you find the question?
Original post by xaliciax2003
I compared to Sonnet 29
Reply 3
I compared to Sonnet 29

Same
I found it okay to be honest. Im really glad it was not a family relation one. I think Love Philosophy would have been the best option but I think I would of got a better mark with sonnet 29 as i knew quotes with language and structural devices.
Original post by ilovethemanics
Nice, I was thinking about comparing it to that initially. How did you find the question?
Tbh I was hoping that if it was a family relationship, it was Follower so I could’ve compared it to Eden Rock. I chose Porphyria’s because there’s both differences and similarities. Thank goodness for Stacey Raey, Mr Salles and Mr Bruff!

What text did you study, I did An Inspector Calls?
I found it okay to be honest. Im really glad it was not a family relation one. I think Love Philosophy would have been the best option but I think I would of got a better mark with sonnet 29 as i knew quotes with language and structural devices.
What did you think of the question? Personally I thought it was alright :-)
Original post by Uphystar
Same
I did an Inspector Calls too, what question did you pick
Tbh I was hoping that if it was a family relationship, it was Follower so I could’ve compared it to Eden Rock. I chose Porphyria’s because there’s both differences and similarities. Thank goodness for Stacey Raey, Mr Salles and Mr Bruff!

Reply 8
We did An Inspector Calls, I didn't like the questions on it though.

I did the Shelia one, the selfishness one was too broad in my opinion. Which one did you do? Probably wasn’t as bad as you thought it was :-)
Original post by Uphystar
We did An Inspector Calls, I didn't like the questions on it though.
The Shelia one, I thought the selfishness question was too broad. Yourself?

I did an Inspector Calls too, what question did you pick
I did the Selfishness one just because i didnt know enough sheila quotes to write an essay
The Shelia one, I thought the selfishness question was too broad. Yourself?
Yeah, I just thought which one I knew the most about. What did think of paper 1?
I did the Selfishness one just because i didnt know enough sheila quotes to write an essay
Paper one I did Macbeth and A Christmas Carol, Macbeth was a easy question and ACC was a okay question just didnt know quotes
I did the selfishness question for AIC and i compared winter swans to When we two parted
I did Romeo and Juliet and the question was nice, ACC was meh, I felt like I just told the plot. Think I put too many irrelevant quotes....

Paper one I did Macbeth and A Christmas Carol, Macbeth was a easy question and ACC was a okay question just didnt know quotes
i compared it to sonnet 29 and i did the sheila one because it was easier to go into more depth and cover everything. how did you guys find the unseen? i thought it was a good one
I did the Shelia one, I personally think the selfishness one would be the harder out the two. I was also thinking about doing WWTP, but I thought I could write more about P’s Lover. Did you like the question? :-)
Original post by Athenaxx
I did the selfishness question for AIC and i compared winter swans to When we two parted
Im so annoyed I didn't finish the unseen section. The poems were really easy and I had alot to say but I had only 10 mins to complete a 24 marker and 8 marker :frown:
I thought the unseen was GREAT, really enjoyed it! I also did the Shelia question and I agree with you, I thought there was more to write about! I have heard some other people say they compared it to sonnet29, which I think is a good comparison. Hope it has gone well for you and I you luck in your other exams :-)!
Original post by paperytomato
i compared it to sonnet 29 and i did the sheila one because it was easier to go into more depth and cover everything. how did you guys find the unseen? i thought it was a good one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending