The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS Anthropology and Korean Studies

Hi, my firm choice for 2019 is anthropology and Korean studies and I also applied for Korean studies at Sheffield and was added to a chat where all the students doing that course talk and I was hoping for one to exist for Soas students doing the same course but I tried and never found one!

I decided that if it wasn’t done I will do it myself so wanted to know if anyone was doing the same course as me (or either) at SOAS University of London and if they would like to be in a group chat to get to know each other! I will also be staying at Dinwiddy house if anyone is staying there as well and would like to be friends as I don’t know anyone in London or anyone going to the uni. Thanks!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Acaciabknox
Hi, my firm choice for 2019 is anthropology and Korean studies and I also applied for Korean studies at Sheffield and was added to a chat where all the students doing that course talk and I was hoping for one to exist for Soas students doing the same course but I tried and never found one!

I decided that if it wasn’t done I will do it myself so wanted to know if anyone was doing the same course as me (or either) at SOAS University of London and if they would like to be in a group chat to get to know each other! I will also be staying at Dinwiddy house if anyone is staying there as well and would like to be friends as I don’t know anyone in London or anyone going to the uni. Thanks!

Hi! I've just finished first year for BA Korean and for our year the links to chats were all shared on the Dinwiddy facebook group (or the 2018-2019 freshers group I can't quite remember). I'd be very surprised if no chats have been made yet, but chats usually become much more active after results day
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
Hi thank you!! I will look for it now and that would explain it but results day is so far away! How did you find the first year?
Original post by umbrellala
Hi! I've just finished first year for BA Korean and for our year the links to chats were all shared on the Dinwiddy facebook group (or the 2018-2019 freshers group I can't quite remember). I'd be very surprised if no chats have been made yet, but chats usually become much more active after results day
Original post by Acaciabknox
Hi thank you!! I will look for it now and that would explain it but results day is so far away! How did you find the first year?

It's been great thank you! Languages are intense but it's been fun, I have a friend doing Korean and Anthropology and she had a great year too :smile:
Reply 4
That’s good to hear and yeah I’m scared about how intense it will be in case I can’t keep up but I’ll try my best :smile: !
Original post by umbrellala
It's been great thank you! Languages are intense but it's been fun, I have a friend doing Korean and Anthropology and she had a great year too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending