The Student Room Group

Accenture degree apprenticeship on-boarding

Hi there!

Just found out I got accepted into the London degree apprenticeship with Accenture!

Wanted to ask if anyone else is in a similar situation or has been through Accentures on-boarding process before, as I'm not really sure what to expect from it.

Scroll to see replies

Hey,

I've also received an offer from Accenture, but I've also got an offer from another company. I'm trying to decide which to take at the moment.
Reply 2
Original post by Kierran33
Hey,

I've also received an offer from Accenture, but I've also got an offer from another company. I'm trying to decide which to take at the moment.

Nice! If you don't mind me asking what's the other company you have an offer from?
I also had an offer from the met office but unfortunately if was based in Exeter and I fancied staying in London.
The other offer is from Man Group (an investment management firm). I've until Monday to decide and I have no clue.
Reply 4
Sounds like a much harder decision than my one.

For me personally the two most important things were:
1) Learning important technical and soft skills. Accenture and Met Office both provided these as they both provided degree training.
2) The social aspect. Accenture seem to have a young, social workforce which appealed to me a lot more than the Met Office which was your typical middle age workers, not to mention there were hardly any apprentices while Accenture have loads.

I guess you just got to figure out what's important to you and which programme will be more beneficial. Good luck with your decision!
Original post by Ragboi
Sounds like a much harder decision than my one.

For me personally the two most important things were:
1) Learning important technical and soft skills. Accenture and Met Office both provided these as they both provided degree training.
2) The social aspect. Accenture seem to have a young, social workforce which appealed to me a lot more than the Met Office which was your typical middle age workers, not to mention there were hardly any apprentices while Accenture have loads.

I guess you just got to figure out what's important to you and which programme will be more beneficial. Good luck with your decision!

Thanks! The only thing I'm not too sure about with the Accenture programme is UEL, as what I've heard regarding it has been fairly mixed. I don't think it could be that bad though?
Reply 6
Heard mixed things as well about UEL as well. However I like classroom teaching which they offer as opposed to video lectures. If it is bad than at least there will be quite a lot of apprentices, so we can help each other out if need be. That's my thinking anyway.
Yes, I was thinking the same. I decided to reject the offer from Man Group and go with Accenture, so let's hope we don't have any problems!
Hey! I received a call yesterday saying I was successful too! They said theyll send out the offer letter within 15 days. Im not really sure what to expect either but good to know others are in a similar situation. Did any of you go through the 5 day tech taster?
Kierran is this you from the 5 day tech taster??? Lool awkward if its not
Yes, I was thinking the same. I decided to reject the offer from Man Group and go with Accenture, so let's hope we don't have any problems!
Original post by Ragboi
Hi there!

Just found out I got accepted into the London degree apprenticeship with Accenture!

Wanted to ask if anyone else is in a similar situation or has been through Accentures on-boarding process before, as I'm not really sure what to expect from it.

Woah, congratulations! Nice to see you've been accepted for a technology degree apprenticeship. I'm a year 12 sixth form student in London who wants to get into a technology degree apprenticeship and be in the same position as you next year.

So, couple of questions I'd like to ask ya! What do you think stood out most on your CV and application that made Accenture accept you? Did you have any sort of previous technology related work experience, or any coding experience? Or did you simply leave sixth form and take up a degree apprenticeship straight away? (If so, what college did you go and what were your grades like :biggrin:)

Also, it seems you had to go through an Online Test and Assessment Centre. How were these, and what roughly where they about?

PS (Obito was one of my fave Naruto characters, but my best will always be Naruto after all :smile:)
Hey hamza. So for me I dont have any previous experience in technology my CV was just normal perhaps they appreciated that ive had some experience at work? Ive had a couple jobs in finance and retail. After sixth form I took a gap year and Accenture actually reached out to me first (I think because they saw me apply to the degree apprenticeship) and said hey why dont you do this 5 day tech taster thing. I had to actually apply to that so i did, there was an online test for it not too difficult i cant quite remember what was included but you had to read some stuff and answer questions. I then had a interview with one of the administrators after that they told me i was successful for the tech taster. We were then invited to an assessment centre. There were a lot of different stages including a VR test which was new to me. After being successful for that there was then a technical interview and its here that you should display your love for technology thats all they want to see really. They dont exactly mind if you dont have tech experience but as long as you have a passion in it and are very aware of new trends or things such as network and cloud?

I hope this helps if you have any other questions just ask.

PS: frekin ITACHI all the way
Yep, it sure is!
Original post by Sumah0499
Kierran is this you from the 5 day tech taster??? Lool awkward if its not
Yep, it sure is!

NO WAY its me Sumiya the one with the glasses lool! We done it!!
NO WAY its me Sumiya the one with the glasses lool! We done it!!

Oh hey! Congrats Sumiya! Do you know if anyone else made it?
Oh hey! Congrats Sumiya! Do you know if anyone else made it?

Noo i dont :frown:. I was hoping you would know 😭😭 but congratulations! I see that youre going to take Accenture over the other places. Are you starting on the 17th of september?
Noo i dont :frown:. I was hoping you would know 😭😭 but congratulations! I see that youre going to take Accenture over the other places. Are you starting on the 17th of september?

Yes, I got an offer from another company, then several hours later I got the offer from Accenture. I was pretty lucky Accenture called that day, otherwise I would have accepted the other offer as I had to make my decision that day.

I saw Alex at the HR interview, but that's it.

And yes, I'm starting on the 17th also!
Yes, I got an offer from another company, then several hours later I got the offer from Accenture. I was pretty lucky Accenture called that day, otherwise I would have accepted the other offer as I had to make my decision that day.

I saw Alex at the HR interview, but that's it.

And yes, I'm starting on the 17th also!

I messaged some people but they said they didnt get past the assessment centre and most havent been contacted at all yet. Some people didnt go to the assessment centre! 😭 But im so glad to know that another individual from the tech taster will be with me! I cant wait to start im buzzing
I messaged some people but they said they didnt get past the assessment centre and most havent been contacted at all yet. Some people didnt go to the assessment centre! 😭 But im so glad to know that another individual from the tech taster will be with me! I cant wait to start im buzzing

Ah ok. I guess they'll hear back based on when they had their tech interview. I got the offer exactly a week after the interview.
I can't wait to start either! I'm probably going to start studying in preparation - don't really know what to expect though.
Hey hamza. So for me I dont have any previous experience in technology my CV was just normal perhaps they appreciated that ive had some experience at work? Ive had a couple jobs in finance and retail. After sixth form I took a gap year and Accenture actually reached out to me first (I think because they saw me apply to the degree apprenticeship) and said hey why dont you do this 5 day tech taster thing. I had to actually apply to that so i did, there was an online test for it not too difficult i cant quite remember what was included but you had to read some stuff and answer questions. I then had a interview with one of the administrators after that they told me i was successful for the tech taster. We were then invited to an assessment centre. There were a lot of different stages including a VR test which was new to me. After being successful for that there was then a technical interview and its here that you should display your love for technology thats all they want to see really. They dont exactly mind if you dont have tech experience but as long as you have a passion in it and are very aware of new trends or things such as network and cloud?

I hope this helps if you have any other questions just ask.

PS: frekin ITACHI all the way

Oh, that's nice! Talking to people who are where I want to be sure gives me confidence! I'm working on coding knowledge right now haha, got a grade 8 in GCSE Computing so hopefully that's a decent foundation for me.

PS: ITAACHIIIIIIIII WAS SO BADASS OMG totally forgot about him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending