The Student Room Group

Racism or preference?

Do you think being attracted to someone based on their race is racism, or personal preference?
Depends on whether it is just instinctive attraction (not racist) or due to ideological racial beliefs (racist).
Original post by Jinwon
Do you think being attracted to someone based on their race is racism, or personal preference?

There are threads on this every other week.
Think the consensus is preference, except in circumstances there could be racist undertones. In most cases its because you feel mor e attracted to that ethnic group, but ofc an attractive person is an attractive person irrespective of skin colour. These days I think its much less of an issue and mixed relations are common.
What do you mean by " attracted to someone based on their race"?
Hair colour, muscle, skin colour or nationality.

I know a guy from south africa who only dates girls with short red hair.
That's his preference.
No interest in blondes or girls with long hair.

I know a girl from vietnam who is only attracted to tall black guys with a lot of muscle.
She doesn't look twice at short guys or guys lacking big biceps.
Her preference.
Personal preference
it is weird but you do you. i’ve spoken to these 2 ppl with somali guy fetish and it’s ugly
I am more attracted to people of my own ethnicity. Why does that make me racist? I wouldn't turn down someone outside of my ethnicity but my initial attraction and pull is frankly towards people of my ethnicity.
Reply 7
Original post by Fermion.
I am more attracted to people of my own ethnicity. Why does that make me racist? I wouldn't turn down someone outside of my ethnicity but my initial attraction and pull is frankly towards people of my ethnicity.

Alright man, I’m not tryna attack you. I just wanna know people’s opinions on the matter
I never said you are trying to attack me?

I’ve given you my opinion and I’m asking other people why they find it racist :smile:
Original post by Jinwon
Alright man, I’m not tryna attack you. I just wanna know people’s opinions on the matter
Reply 9
Original post by Fermion.
I never said you are trying to attack me?

I’ve given you my opinion and I’m asking other people why they find it racist :smile:

Aight my bad, that “why does that make me racist” seemed like it

Quick Reply

Latest