The Student Room Group

A Levels vs University

Compare them here!
Easier or harder?
Bad or good?
During y13 I went home every day at 1pm. Not sure I can do this at uni
Original post by Afterlife?
During y13 I went home every day at 1pm. Not sure I can do this at uni

If you do coursework based subjects that expands to 4:00/5:30pm 🤣 I’m going into year 13 though
(edited 4 years ago)
University is harder but you have more time, and the person who writes the exam question is trying to trip you up less compared to A-Level. But I have only done First Year, I am sure 3rd year is gonna be brutal.
Original post by Ratchet Hoe
If you do coursework based subjects that expands to 4:00/5:30pm 🤣 I’m going into year 13 though

Isn't reformed linear cutting coursework out of loads of subjects tho, unless you do art or something
Reply 5
I can't give a balanced opinion on A Levels because I barely went in (reflected in my grades). But university was hard work, but enjoyable hard work because I was actually interested and wanted to be there
The workload at school is just tedious even if the content is relatively simple.

On the other hand, university workload is more flexible and you can focus your efforts on specific aspects of the course to get your grades rather than spreading yourself too thin (as you're expected to do during A levels etc).

The content, however, is on a whole new level. I did French, Spanish, English Lit and History and none of them compare to what I did at university (I did languages and I also took various literature, history and philosophy etc courses). In that respect, the A level equivalents that I did were elementary in their content compared to university.

I can understand people saying A levels were harder with regard to time management and relentless amount of homework given etc, but content-wise A levels etc simple.
Original post by Quick-use
The workload at school is just tedious even if the content is relatively simple.

On the other hand, university workload is more flexible and you can focus your efforts on specific aspects of the course to get your grades rather than spreading yourself too thin (as you're expected to do during A levels etc).

The content, however, is on a whole new level. I did French, Spanish, English Lit and History and none of them compare to what I did at university (I did languages and I also took various literature, history and philosophy etc courses). In that respect, the A level equivalents that I did were elementary in their content compared to university.

I can understand people saying A levels were harder with regard to time management and relentless amount of homework given etc, but content-wise A levels etc simple.

Yeah I agree a lot
Well the course vs a level subject was much more intense yes. But overall was easier to get a 2:1 than a B at a level

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending