The Student Room Group

English Lit A-Levels - Different Editions of a Text

Hi just wondering is there any difference in the same book from different publishers if your studying for English lit a levels? For example Wordsworth vs Penguin vs Oxford vs Collins classics?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Not as far as I'm aware! The main difference I've found for doing set texts is that the formatting and page numbers will be different. There might be the occasional different word from the publisher's particular editing process but it shouldn't be too drastic. UNLESS you're studying something like Shakespeare or a translated text (the one I noticed this in a lot was Crime and Punishment), in which case things will vary considerably more so but even then as long as you're quoting from a trusted publisher's editions it should be fine! Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by LunaMarch
Not as far as I'm aware! The main difference I've found for doing set texts is that the formatting and page numbers will be different. There might be the occasional different word from the publisher's particular editing process but it shouldn't be too drastic. UNLESS you're studying something like Shakespeare or a translated text (the one I noticed this in a lot was Crime and Punishment), in which case things will vary considerably more so but even then as long as you're quoting from a trusted publisher's editions it should be fine! Hope this helps!

Yes it does. Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending