The Student Room Group

Is it worth applying to Edinburgh

I am going into year 13 in September and I’m taking Physics, Maths and Fine Art at a level, so far I’ve been predicted A in art A in physics and B in maths (which I need to improve) and I want to apply to Edinburgh to do Astrophysics which isn’t offered in many other universities with most being physics with astrophysics. I am English and the grades to get into Edinburgh for that course are ABB at minimum, is it worth putting this as my first choice if I’m not Scottish or should I put it second and have an English university as my first choice when I start applying?
Original post by brooding-overall
I am going into year 13 in September and I’m taking Physics, Maths and Fine Art at a level, so far I’ve been predicted A in art A in physics and B in maths (which I need to improve) and I want to apply to Edinburgh to do Astrophysics which isn’t offered in many other universities with most being physics with astrophysics. I am English and the grades to get into Edinburgh for that course are ABB at minimum, is it worth putting this as my first choice if I’m not Scottish or should I put it second and have an English university as my first choice when I start applying?

A good university is the one best suited to you. A little bit of time spent researching the course (which is the important bit) and the university will pay off. I don't think it super matters which choice is a Scottish/English uni but whether or not you'd enjoy your 3-4 yrs there :smile:.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
You will need 4 other choices - and the best way to find out more about the course content (astro vs physics etc) is to go to Uni Open Days coming up in the autumn, listen to the subject presentations and ask questions. You might be surprised about how flexible the option choices are within some degree programs.
Original post by brooding-overall

You dont put universities as first or second choice when applying. You apply for up to 5 choices then decide on a first and second choice depending on what offers you have received.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending