The Student Room Group

People who are waiting for A level results day

Scroll to see replies

hoping to do economics. How about you?

Original post by kkllookkkk
Thanks good luck to u toooo, what are u doing for uni btw
I agree lol we might aswell enjoy being bored before results day hits
Original post by Skeletonclique21
learning to drive, netflix, catching up on sleep and seeing friends occasionally when they aren't on holiday. kinda bored but i may as well enjoy the ability to be bored like this whilst i can uno
Reply 22
Bored too, friends on holiday, nothing to do all day, netflix, a lot of free time made me reevaluate what I want to do. Decided to take a year off and defer a year if i get an offer on results day as I don't have any money for uni lol, got a job in a restaurant and gonna work there for a year to save money before going uni next year :/ haven;t told any of my friends + family yet lol
i went interrailing for 2 weeks but now that i'm back i have nothing to do, i keep telling myself i'm gonna read some books, take up running, teach myself how to cook well, listen to new music etc but i get distracted so easily and can't stick with anything lol. i'm trying to find a job so i have some structure to my day and i've made a list of courses + unis i could potentially apply to thru clearing if it comes to that (it probably will). other than that i'm just making little plans to look forward to next month (my favourite band's concert, a mini road trip with my friends, an album signing, going to a few protests)
that was such a long paragraph lmao sorry tl;dr i'm trying to keep myself busy so i dont have too many nightmares about results day but i'm mostly lazing around
Learning how to drive.
After getting my results, I’m gonna volunteer abroad with the church group (Logos Hope yay!), teaching English. (GAP YEAR!)
During volunteering, I’m gonna learn how to cook, get involved in music performances, and most importantly, I’m gonna make new friends!
lol I’m doing pure econ too
Original post by 8Greenorange
hoping to do economics. How about you?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's bored! Watching netflix out of free will rather than as a form of procrastination isn't as fun as I thought it would be:tongue:
Reply 28
Haha so true. Do you have any Netflix recommendations? :smile:
Original post by CinnamonSmol
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's bored! Watching netflix out of free will rather than as a form of procrastination isn't as fun as I thought it would be:tongue:
I've been so bored - I literally have no motivation to do any of the things I was looking forward to during exams + I literally have results day nightmares every other night
Been trying to get a part time job but I failed. Bored as hell
Reply 31
Yh applying for jobs is drainingggggg. Took me probably about 20 applications (if not more) to get a job
Original post by chieula2301
Been trying to get a part time job but I failed. Bored as hell
At least you did get one 😂 Any tips you can share please? X
Original post by Sophee7
Yh applying for jobs is drainingggggg. Took me probably about 20 applications (if not more) to get a job
Original post by Sophee7
Haha so true. Do you have any Netflix recommendations? :smile:

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Black Mirror
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Brooklyn 99
Grace and Frankie
^^shows that I adore :smile:
Nice lol. What grades do you need?
Original post by kkllookkkk
lol I’m doing pure econ too
Brooklyn 99 is my favourite show, it’s so good