The Student Room Group

not meeting entry requirements for uni

I want to firm NTU and I have received an offer from NTU for biomedical science and the grades I need are BBC, but I'm not currently meeting those grades so what happens on results day if I don't meet these entry requirements, will I be put straight to my insurance choice or will they still accept me?

(edited 1 year ago)
It is up to the university - sometimes they have lots of people not meet their offers and then they have space to give people who slightly miss out a place anyway. But this is not always the case and they have every right to reject you if you don't meet your grades, so make sure you have an insurance choice you actually want to go to
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by ri_55
I want to firm NTU and I have received an offer from NTU for biomedical science and the grades I need are BBC, but I'm not currently meeting those grades so what happens on results day if I don't meet these entry requirements, will I be put straight to my insurance choice or will they still accept me?

Hi @ri_55 :smile: Universities receive your grades roughly about a week before you do on results day to try and allow us some time to consider applicants. If you've met your conditions and you've firmed the university then your place is confirmed, and if not then often the universities will be able to re-consider you. Ideally because we get your grades in advance this would all be sorted before results day and when you open your UCAS Hub a decision will be made. Sometimes there can be some leniency however not always - so I wouldn't count on them definitely still accepting you. On results day if you've missed your conditions and there's still no decision on your UCAS - call the university and they might be able to offer some reassurance while you wait :h:

Good luck with your A Levels!! :biggrin:
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
NTU isnt that competitive and if you drop a grade or two they will probably still take you.
Reply 4
but what would happen if on results day my grades are CDD ?
Original post by McGinger
NTU isnt that competitive and if you drop a grade or two they will probably still take you.
Original post by ri_55

Ring NTU and ask them
Reply 6
I did this and they said there is no guarantee that I will be able to get onto the course, they could make an alternate offer but it just all depends, they also do a foundation year but there is also a chance I won't be able to get onto the foundation year, so I just don't know what to do really.
Original post by PQ
Ring NTU and ask them
Original post by ri_55
I did this and they said there is no guarantee that I will be able to get onto the course, they could make an alternate offer but it just all depends, they also do a foundation year but there is also a chance I won't be able to get onto the foundation year, so I just don't know what to do really.

Nobody can answer your question as it depends on the available places a university will have on A level results due. From NTU's reply it doesnt look likely they will accept you and you will end up in your insurance university if you meet the grades there.
Reply 8
Original post by ri_55
Did u end up getting accepted? And what grades did u get?
Reply 9
Original post by ri_55

Did they acccept you? And what grades did u get and for what course? Thanks
Original post by ri_55
Did u end up getting accepted? And what grades did u get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending