The Student Room Group

Results uploaded but no uni update? UCAS HELP

I made a post yesterday as I recently completed an access course and was told by my tutor that my grades were sent to UCAS by my awarding body last week, but there has been no update from either my firm or insurance choice. I rang UCAS today who confirmed that they had my results on the database and that a link to access them has been sent to my unis. So I them phoned my firm choice as my insurance choice were not picking up, and they said they either didn’t have my results or they hadn’t accessed the link yet. Another girl on my course who has the same firm choice uni has also not received an update, but other people on my course going to different unis have done. Why is it taking so long for my uni to access my results and could there be an issue with them?
Reply 1
Keep phoning your Firm Uni - and ask them specifically when they will process your results.
Reply 2
Universities do not normally get the results until a few days before you do.
Results day is about the second Thursday of august.
Today is the last day of JULY.

There is a built in delay so that universities can sort out places against results, with clearing being used to fill spare places. The Uni has lots to do from the end of last academic year through the summer. They have to plan for the next year. Some people also take a fortnight off! Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that universities either sit hanging on for the results or that they shut down.

It will be a good ten days before any university gets into gear and actually sorts out who is coming. Chances are if you did well, you will get in, especially with an unconditional. However they aren’t going to start a whole clearing / freshers process until the results are published and the Uni gears up its application process. It just isn’t worth setting up a semi military process of call centre like proportions early, and again the next week.
Reply 3
Original post by domonict

There is a built in delay so that universities can sort out places against results, with clearing being used to fill spare places. The Uni has lots to do from the end of last academic year through the summer. They have to plan for the next year. Some people also take a fortnight off! Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that universities either sit hanging on for the results or that they shut down.

It will be a good ten days before any university gets into gear and actually sorts out who is coming. Chances are if you did well, you will get in, especially with an unconditional. However they aren’t going to start a whole clearing / freshers process until the results are published and the Uni gears up its application process. It just isn’t worth setting up a semi military process of call centre like proportions early, and again the next week.

The OP did an Access course not A levels ...
Reply 4
Original post by domonict

If you actually read the post you would understand that I am talking about access course results NOT a level results- access course results are generally published at the END OF JULY. My results have already been sent to ucas and were done so last week at the latest.
I would imagine they haven't got to it yet, bear in mind "last week" could mean Friday evening meaning we're only part way through the second working day since they've got them so you might just have to wait a bit. Do get on their backs, at least for an ETA, if there's no progress by the end of the week though.

If you've met your offer and don't anticipate using clearing, then I wouldn't say there's a huge rush yet.
(edited 8 months ago)
As above, this isn't an especially long time to wait, unis can regularly take a couple of weeks at this time of year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending