The Student Room Group

What's your current ambition?

1)What's your current ambition or dream?

2) What's stopping you from making it a reality?

I'll start:

Getting Firsts in Law.

Not starting yet and also being a pathetic procrastinator.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Writing a book.

Already started sooo
Knowing how to do digital art and being really good at it

Nothing, since I've gotten my drawing tablet a couple days ago I've been spending hours learning as long as I keep this drive up I should be able to make rapid progress in a couple of months.
Reply 3
Nice! Remember that it should always be a labor of love and fun!
Original post by gjd800
Writing a book.

Already started sooo

Nice
Reply 4
ive always wanted to get into that! Hope it goes well! And remember there will be an audience that will adore your art1
Original post by JoelBigSmokeTea
Knowing how to do digital art and being really good at it

Nothing, since I've gotten my drawing tablet a couple days ago I've been spending hours learning as long as I keep this drive up I should be able to make rapid progress in a couple of months.
Actually finding an ambition
There’s a particular job that I really want, and feel that my academic record makes me a legitimate candidate. But there’ll be a lot of other candidates who for their own reasons, will feel the same.
Making it thru first year of medschool

I should work harder i think but im so burnt outtt
Reply 8
1) Getting into uni

2) Results day

Basically the only thing I've looked forward to the past year
Reply 9
lol me finishing law school and wanting to become a solicitor
Original post by DrSocSciences
There’s a particular job that I really want, and feel that my academic record makes me a legitimate candidate. But there’ll be a lot of other candidates who for their own reasons, will feel the same.
Reply 10
yo you got this ! You're gonna be out there saving lives
Original post by MEDICO368
Making it thru first year of medschool

I should work harder i think but im so burnt outtt
Reply 11
Biggest tip I can give you: write down the important contact details of the unis, have them on speed dial! I was lucky for doing the IB, the admissions offices will be PACKED during A-level results day. Also, put down potential clearing unis you might want to go to. Not that you'll need it, I recommend this to even the smartest people. Maybe even put down a list of adjustment unis! And last but not least, DO NOT panick, it will literally do NOTHING. Just flow the wind, baby.
Original post by Max1989
1) Getting into uni

2) Results day

Basically the only thing I've looked forward to the past year
Original post by TheoFromHR
Biggest tip I can give you: write down the important contact details of the unis, have them on speed dial! I was lucky for doing the IB, the admissions offices will be PACKED during A-level results day. Also, put down potential clearing unis you might want to go to. Not that you'll need it, I recommend this to even the smartest people. Maybe even put down a list of adjustment unis! And last but not least, DO NOT panick, it will literally do NOTHING. Just flow the wind, baby.

Thanks, the main issue being that only two Uni's in the UK actually do the course I want to do, and if I do not go to ether of them then I cannot treat patients and that's the main reason I want to do it. So there is no Uni I can go to instead, it's either in or out. But luckily the Uni is quite nice and I'm not overly worried about the grades, if I miss out on the grades I have a couple of things that might change their minds, as I did work experience which they really liked, but unfortunately I did work experience after I applied so I didn't have it on my personal statement and I really enjoyed it and more passionate then ever, a lecturer in the department was even the one who set up teh work experience for me even though live 400 miles away.

It'll hopefully be fine, the worst part is needing to wait 2 months for results.
Reply 13
1) Lead SecOps engineer

.2) Certifications are expensive and although I don’t need a degree, nobody will hire a 17 year old.

But it least I will get paid a fortune! (When I finally get a job!)
1. get a grad job offer in one of my areas of interest before leaving uni

2. whether there's headcount for a new grad and if i perform well enough to convert my current internship. if not, whether i get and pass the interviews in the coming months for other places.
(edited 4 years ago)
Receiving offers from the master's courses I'll be applying to would be pretty lovely
(edited 4 years ago)

I'll start:

Getting Firsts in Law.

Just doing well enough to have a nice life, get married and have children
Original post by gjd800
Writing a book.

Already started sooo

Well done! I am still procrastinating...

I'll start:

Getting Firsts in Law.

That is an admirable ambition. I hope you the very best! Smash it. x
Reply 19
applying for a student loan
appealing student loan because they won't give me enough money
applying for a visa so i can stay in the country
finding accommodation because i will be homeless in 6 weeks
no pressure :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest