The Student Room Group

Vegan but NOT an animal lover, AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Had no idea you were vegan, I just started the other day.
Original post by TasteLikeChicken
Had no idea you were vegan, I just started the other day.

Lol, I try. My mum buys my food and stuff
Original post by Obolinda
Lol, I try. My mum buys my food and stuff

Same haha. She's a typical Pakistani mom so doesn't understand, but I told her it's for health reasons and she seems to be listening.
Omg this is me!

But in my case, I am more scared of them than not love them.
Original post by batter mix
Omg this is me!

But in my case, I am more scared of them than not love them.

Lol, we're exactly the same. 😂😂
Same haha. She's a typical Pakistani mom so doesn't understand, but I told her it's for health reasons and she seems to be listening.

Mine's Nigerian 😂 She doesn't actually cook food with meat in it, if she does it's kinda seperate from the main meal? Although with dairy it's a bit more sticky.
Lol, we're exactly the same. 😂😂

And I am not the one who cooks so when my mum screams at me to eat something non-vegan, I cave :lol:

Only sometimes :ninja: Like if there is Banoffee pie, she spent hours making, I would rather eat than die yk?
Original post by batter mix
And I am not the one who cooks so when my mum screams at me to eat something non-vegan, I cave :lol:

Only sometimes :ninja: Like if there is Banoffee pie, she spent hours making, I would rather eat than die yk?

Yeah same :hide:
Over people simply talking about veganism? No, not really. Although, on veganism, I've seen posts like "vegans are annoying, I hate them, etc" and it gets reps. Criticise a meat eater/diet and people start crying. Although I don't condone insults

You a good vegan.
Meat eaters still categorised under “people” so sure many get offended
Original post by keptinside
You a good vegan.
Meat eaters still categorised under “people” so sure many get offended

Lol, thanks 😂
Original post by Wooord
Have you tried any decent vegan chocolate?
I’m not vegan, but don’t have dairy products and literally cannot find any nice chocolate which was the hardest thing for me to give up

moo free chocolate bars are the most "realistic" ones i've tried so far! they're like £2.50 in sainsburys (theyre in the free from section) but i managed to find one for 99p in holland & barrett yesterday
Mine's Nigerian 😂 She doesn't actually cook food with meat in it, if she does it's kinda seperate from the main meal? Although with dairy it's a bit more sticky.

Ahhh, fair enough. I have started buying my own tofu, vegan cheese, beans, etc so I am forced to stick to the diet and not cave. Sorry if this has already been asked, but what do you mean about not being an animal lover? For me, I started being vegan (or at the very least, plant-based), because I didn't want to cause unnecessary harm for animals and for the health benefits. I'm curious as to your reason.
Ahhh, fair enough. I have started buying my own tofu, vegan cheese, beans, etc so I am forced to stick to the diet and not cave. Sorry if this has already been asked, but what do you mean about not being an animal lover? For me, I started being vegan (or at the very least, plant-based), because I didn't want to cause unnecessary harm for animals and for the health benefits. I'm curious as to your reason.

For ethics reasons too. It's just that I'm scared of most animals and seeing them doesn't really evoke any positive emotional response, haha.
For ethics reasons too. It's just that I'm scared of most animals and seeing them doesn't really evoke any positive emotional response, haha.

Ah yeah that makes sense. A YouTuber I really like (CosmicSkeptic) recently went vegan, and said something to the effect of 'you don't have to be an animal lover to be against the exploitation of animals, just as you don't have to be a lover of black people to be against [I suppose most aptly it would be the transatlantic iteration of] slavery'. Probably butchered the quote, but it really hit me.
Ah yeah that makes sense. A YouTuber I really like (CosmicSkeptic) recently went vegan, and said something to the effect of 'you don't have to be an animal lover to be against the exploitation of animals, just as you don't have to be a lover of black people to be against [I suppose most aptly it would be the transatlantic iteration of] slavery'. Probably butchered the quote, but it really hit me.

yep, I watch him too
Original post by SlightlySummer
Hehe
But I’m vegetarian and I also don’t like animals much, what a coincidence!

Then why are you a vegetarian?
Reply 76
Original post by Julesandjasmine
Then why are you a vegetarian?

This thread is one year old, please cease and desist immediately.

Quick Reply

Latest