The Student Room Group

if i will only date a vegetarian/vegan will i be unlikely to find a gf

in uni, will it be hard for me to find someone with this rule? i'm not changing my mind about it i just want to know if this will make dating people significantly harder (i dont plan to use apps, i want to meet someone irl)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is there a reason you only Date a vegetarian or vegan?

Reason I ask is my husbands brother wasn't vegan or vegetarian after getting with his ex he was finding out different information from his ex about why she was a vegan and he also changed his eating, theyv split but he's still vegan so wasn't just because of who he was dating.

His new gf wasn't vegan when they got together but now she is.

I don't think it will be difficult to date as alot more people are vegan or vegetarian now a days.
Original post by Anonymous
in uni, will it be hard for me to find someone with this rule? i'm not changing my mind about it i just want to know if this will make dating people significantly harder (i dont plan to use apps, i want to meet someone irl)

I wouldn't date a vegan
Reply 3
Original post by A jaded girl
I wouldn't date a vegan

i'm not vegan, im vegetarian, so it wouldn't limit where i could go out eating with my partner

also i said i would want a vegan/veggie girlfriend and theyd be fine with that
Reply 4
Original post by ABmacf
Is there a reason you only Date a vegetarian or vegan?

i just want to date someone who follows my personal morals. i will be friends with anyone but for romantic relationships it is very important to me
Reply 5
It’ll certainly narrow the field, but there are plenty of vegetarian/vegans. Join the Vegan Society! Best bet though is to more open to all opportunities and then slowly convert them to your ethical ways
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 6
I wouldn't date a vegan

What, even if they where super hot?
As others have said, it would narrow down, but I don't think it's an unreasonable criteria to find someone like-minded. Unis sometimes have societies for things like being vegan/veggie so could possibly join those for better chances at meeting someone fitting the criteria. I'm not a veggie and while it isn't a 100% dealbreaker I would prefer to date someone who also is not a veggie or vegan, because I'm very fussy and think it could cause issues with eating together, plus last time I made the exception with a person I knew very well it caused issues due to different morals and ruined the relation within a month (then were stuck living together for a year).
Yes.
Original post by Zarek
What, even if they where super hot?

I dated a vegan it was awful he kept trying to force his opinions on me and got upset when I ate meat

What does someone in having different types of food happen to do with whether you get a girlfriend or not if anything they’ll judge you as a person, personality upon knowing you better etc
Reply 11
Original post by Mohammed_80
What does someone in having different types of food happen to do with whether you get a girlfriend or not if anything they’ll judge you as a person, personality upon knowing you better etc

i don't really understand what you're saying, but what i'm saying is that as a veggie person i want to date someone who agrees with my morals. and i am wondering if this will drastically narrow down who i can date
i don't really understand what you're saying, but what i'm saying is that as a veggie person i want to date someone who agrees with my morals. and i am wondering if this will drastically narrow down who i can date

I don't agree with your morals oh well too bad
Reply 13
I don't agree with your morals oh well too bad

well that's ok because i'm not trying to date you LMAO i'm asking how easy it'll be to find people who do
Hi 👋 it seems to me you’re asking how many vegan people there are at university?

pretty easy I myself am veggie and going to uni im sure there's a lot like us
I went to a vegan festival and omg the women were so hot. If you want to meet some irl I would definitely recommend going and just striking up conversations. The fact that you'd be meeting at a vegan festival would immediately give you some common ground too.
It'll make it more difficult, just like any preference will, but it won't be possible. More and more people are choosing not to eat meat. 4/5 of the people I've lived with in the past year were vegetarian or vegan (I'm neither, for context, so this isn't a matter of me associating with like-minded people).
(edited 9 months ago)
yeah long day bro u might as well go on tinder/hinge for those requirements. good luck to u soldier

Hi!! I’m a vegan too, I understand why your morals are important for a relationship, there are quite a few vegans in many places! I would suggest going out to vegan restaurants and stuff maybe joining a vegan society near your uni, I saw some pretty attractive women who are vegan in my uni chat 0.0
It’s going to be hard for sure, but probably worth it
I would say, if you find yourself interested in someone but they aren’t vegan, maybe try talking to them about it- not like in a pushy way but in a sensible debate abt ur views and stuff 👍 Like someone else said here, maybe restricting your options isn’t the best idea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending