The Student Room Group

Thread for those in psychiatric hospital

Scroll to see replies

Original post by b00mzx
BPD, I hate the EUPD name so go old school - also depression and anxiety. Been waiting 15years for diagnosis 🙄. Suspect more going on with it too but not holding my breath. 😂

Same :five: EUPD sounds even worse :redface:
Original post by CoolCavy
Same :five: EUPD sounds even worse :redface:

It really does, like you’re expected to cry at any moment- at least BPD sounds unnerving to people 😉😂
Reply 42
You hang on in there. It must be so hard for you but I hope you get the he'll you deserve. All the best to you x
Original post by b00mzx
It really does, like you’re expected to cry at any moment- at least BPD sounds unnerving to people 😉😂

Literally :redface: only downside of the BPD one is people think you are on the border of having a personality disorder so they are like 'oh so not a proper PD then' or they confuse it with bipolar :nothing:
Original post by CoolCavy
Literally :redface: only downside of the BPD one is people think you are on the border of having a personality disorder so they are like 'oh so not a proper PD then' or they confuse it with bipolar :nothing:

YES!!!! 🙄😂🤦🏻*♂️ I just explain it’s borderline neurotic and borderline psychotic, soon shuts them up.
Reply 45
Original post by SlS66
You hang on in there. It must be so hard for you but I hope you get the he'll you deserve. All the best to you x

Thank you :h:
Hi, you are not alone in this,

About a month ago I got discharged from an adult acute psych ward after being there on a section 3 for 3 months because of a mixed episode where I was psychotic (I have bipolar 1 with psychosis and mixed features). I can relate so much to the boredom, as I found there was hardly anything to do, as the ward was supposed to be 'low stimuli'. I was a complete mess most of my admission, as I was so delusional and very agitated. I neglected myself fully, it was a dreadful time. I have a lot of traumatic memories from being in hospital various times over the last 4 years.

I found others on the ward to be supportive and it was great to be able to relate to others. Some people, due to being so unwell, could be quite unpredictable and violent. There is such a pressure on beds that to be in hospital, you have to be so unwell. Having lots of unwell people together can be a nightmare. On the other hand, being in hospital has saved my life on many occasions. If there is anything I have learned it is that you can get through anything. It may seem bleak and overwhelming but you will see light at the end of the tunnel eventually. I don't know if this was your experience, but I felt quite isolated as my hospital was in the middle of nowhere. Learning to live again after a crisis is tough.

Have you found your admission helpful? I can't imagine dealing with schizophrenia on top of EUPD. That must be a nightmare.

Best wishes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest