The Student Room Group

Samsung pulls its old ads after ditching headphone jack

The old adverts mocked Apple's decision to remove headphone jacks - a bad look when Samsung is removing them itself.

They made fun of the notch, then added a notch. They made fun of no headphone jack, then phased out their headphone jacks. They made fun of unremoveable batteries, then made their battery unremovable.

https://www.businessinsider.nl/samsung-ditches-headphone-jack-deletes-apple-trolling-ads-2019-8?international=true&r=US
Lol
Reply 2
Is there any point to this post other than to ***** about Samsung supposed hypocrisy?
Original post by Napp
Is there any point to this post other than to ***** about Samsung supposed hypocrisy?

Why are you always so bitter? Do you need a nap?
So stupid that all these companies are removing the jack.
Reply 5
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Why are you always so bitter? Do you need a nap?

Is this coming from the one whining about Samsung supposed evils? :lol:
Probably, it is 02;40 in the morning.
Reply 6
Some things can come too quickly. For instance, blocking the charging port with headphones before other charging methods (such as wireless) are available. So while it is hypocritical of Samsung to now try and hide their mockery, it is certainly justified to criticise someone for doing something stupid just for the sake of doing something.

From that advert, clearly pushing people to write names and numbers instead of typing it in is stupid. I don't think anyone's going to use that feature after the first novelty time. I also think far too many people listen to music while walking in the street, and should be discouraged because the hedgehogs in primary school taught us to look and listen when crossing the road. As such I don't really think phone companies should be pushing people to be listening to stuff more anyway.
Reply 7
It's just payback for iOS using all the things that Android came up with years ago.

One side is better at hardware innovation, the other better at software. Pretty equitable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending