The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Lewes court, University of Sussex

Hello!
I am a bit confused about the Lewes Court accommodation. With how many people will I be sharing a kitchen/bathrooms with? Who are my neighbours, like how do the numbers go? If I am in the room 002D, then who’s next to me and so on. Just need a bit of clarification. Thanks in advance! :smile:
Bump
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Anonymous
Hello!
I am a bit confused about the Lewes Court accommodation. With how many people will I be sharing a kitchen/bathrooms with? Who are my neighbours, like how do the numbers go? If I am in the room 002D, then who’s next to me and so on. Just need a bit of clarification. Thanks in advance! :smile:

I lived in Lewes Court Phase 2 in first year so I'm happy to answer any questions. Lewes Court is split into 2 phases. Phase 1 is shared bathroom with 6 of you sharing a bathroom (though I believe there are 2 toilets and 2 showers/baths in each bathroom). Phase 2 are en-suite rooms so each room has its own bathroom (not the largest but it does the job). Flats will be numbered and then each room within that flat will have a letter A-C being on one side and D-F being on the other (e.g. 72-F would be flat 72, room F). If you're in room D (which I was too) you'll likely have room E next to you and then the kitchen/living room on the other side. In addition, Lewes Court is split into 4 blocks, the first 2 are shared bathroom and the second 2 are en-suite. I hope this helped, let me know if you have any other questions.
Original post by KMLeeson
I lived in Lewes Court Phase 2 in first year so I'm happy to answer any questions. Lewes Court is split into 2 phases. Phase 1 is shared bathroom with 6 of you sharing a bathroom (though I believe there are 2 toilets and 2 showers/baths in each bathroom). Phase 2 are en-suite rooms so each room has its own bathroom (not the largest but it does the job). Flats will be numbered and then each room within that flat will have a letter A-C being on one side and D-F being on the other (e.g. 72-F would be flat 72, room F). If you're in room D (which I was too) you'll likely have room E next to you and then the kitchen/living room on the other side. In addition, Lewes Court is split into 4 blocks, the first 2 are shared bathroom and the second 2 are en-suite. I hope this helped, let me know if you have any other questions.

Can you explain how the order of flats go? Because I’m in flat 20 (floor1, block 1) and I know someone in flat 4 who is also floor 1, block 1. But another person I know is in flat 14 and is in the second floor. So what flat numbers are next to each other ???
Hello!

Hey was just wondering when did you hear about your accommodation and does hearing back depend on if your offer is unconditional/conditional?
Reply 5
Hey was just wondering when did you hear about your accommodation and does hearing back depend on if your offer is unconditional/conditional?

Hey! I applied on the 30th of June, literally the last day, and in the middle of July I got my answer despite them telling me I’ll get it on the 15th of August. My offer was conditional. Hope that is of some help! :smile:
Can you explain how the order of flats go? Because I’m in flat 20 (floor1, block 1) and I know someone in flat 4 who is also floor 1, block 1. But another person I know is in flat 14 and is in the second floor. So what flat numbers are next to each other ???

The block is in 1 sections so rather than the numbers going across, they go up. So, flat 1, 4, 7, 10, 13 will be on the first floor, 2,5,8,11,14 on the second and 3,6,9,12,15 on the third floor. In other words, 1 is on the first floor, 2 is on top of it and 3 is on top of that.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by KMLeeson
The block is in 1 sections so rather than the numbers going across, they go up. So, flat 1, 4, 7, 10, 13 will be on the first floor, 2,5,8,11,14 on the second and 3,6,9,12,15 on the third floor. In other words, 1 is on the first floor, 2 is on top of it and 3 is on top of that.

Now I’m confused, haha. My flat number is 2 and I am in block 1 but the application says I’m on the first floor. Does that mean they don’t count the ground floor and I’m technically on the ‘second floor’?
Reply 8
Now I’m confused, haha. My flat number is 2 and I am in block 1 but the application says I’m on the first floor. Does that mean they don’t count the ground floor and I’m technically on the ‘second floor’?

Nevermind, I just checked that I’m on the ground floor. That still doesn’t add up though haha.
Nevermind, I just checked that I’m on the ground floor. That still doesn’t add up though haha.

Yeah it doesn’t add up because I’m flat 20, block 1, floor 1. But according to that^ I would be on the second floor
I believe both flat 2 and 20 will be on the first floor (not the ground floor). There are some studio flats between the flats so maybe that changes the numbers on some floors, but in my block (which was block 3) what I said is true and all the studio's were like 71A.
Well the attatchment on my housing offer clearly says flat 2 and ground floor, but we’ll see haha 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending