The Student Room Group

do i still have time... going to year 11

i am going to year 11 do i still have time to be a grade 7 and over student, what should i do? and any tips for year 11, i will also like if u can give me some revision techniques i can start using `nd how i can manage time. thank you
Reply 1
Original post by ayloo123
i am going to year 11 do i still have time to be a grade 7 and over student, what should i do? and any tips for year 11, i will also like if u can give me some revision techniques i can start using `nd how i can manage time. thank you

Work hard and really focus on methods that work for you rather than just what everyone else is doing. But equally make sure to take time yourself so you don't burn out and that when you do work, it's effective :smile:

There's plenty of time to improve your grades. There are 8 months at least until exams. That is hundreds/if not thousands of hours of work you're going to do at school/home. You're certainly going to improve :yep:

:goodluck:
Reply 2
Listen to the teachers, do your homework and don't muck around. Attend school regularly, make time for relaxation and support your friends. Engage with society and the media, develop opinions and take advice from others. I'm sure there are plenty of good role models around you. Be like them.
Paying attention in lesson is the best ting you can do
What subjects do you need to improve the most in?
Original post by ayloo123

I was a grade 3/4/5 student in year ten and ended up with 9 grade 9s. Focus and start hardcore revision from February. Until then, learn all the content ant a slow, steady pace. By February you should be able to say something about every topic, by Easter, you should be an expert on everything, memorize textbooks and do mountains of past papers. I literally had to fill up 8 garbage bag ( you know those black ones which are kinda big) when I was throwing away my past papers. So yea, that’s my advise and good luck
Use Seneca Learning if ur not already!
Quizlet, BBC Bitesize
Math genie for maths
Memrise or Duolingo for languages!
LOTS of Past papers and give them to teachers to mark, flashcards, mindmaps of each topic
Keep going over the flashcards preferably at night but u can during the day
Don’t spend too long making notes pretty
Just do u
U have plenty of time
Also rehearsal of notes is good and wat is most effective is teaching it to someone else or
Write on a piece of paper everything u can memorise and see where u have got bits wrong
If u get me
Memorisation!
Reply 9
Original post by Certified_raccon
I was a grade 3/4/5 student in year ten and ended up with 9 grade 9s. Focus and start hardcore revision from February. Until then, learn all the content ant a slow, steady pace. By February you should be able to say something about every topic, by Easter, you should be an expert on everything, memorize textbooks and do mountains of past papers. I literally had to fill up 8 garbage bag ( you know those black ones which are kinda big) when I was throwing away my past papers. So yea, that’s my advise and good luck

omg that is amazing because i am the same too in year 10
honestly anything can happen, im very similar to @Certified_raccon - their tips are also very useful and something i did but slightly too late for bio so dont do that (dont leave it too late, had this for bio and got extremely stressed that it made me panic for my paper 2 physics (physics is my best subject) and in the end the test was really nice for me)

predicted 3-4 in all subjects but in mocks getting 7-9s in some
if you work hard enough it can be turned around
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest