The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Offer rate for EU students in St Andrews

Does anyone know the offer rate for EU students applying to St Andrews. Can't find anything about it. Is it the same as for Scottish students? Since they have the same fee status I could just look at fee status offer rates, but I'm not sure EU and Scottland have the same offer rates.

Thanks in advance :smile:
hey! the way i understand it is that yes, since eu and scottish students are under the same fee status, their admissions stats are grouped together.

someone successfully requested the statistics here:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/updated_admission_statistics

i hope you find what you need (:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Oh wow thank you so much :smile:)))
Doesn't look to bad after all.

That whatdotheyknow website looks really useful! I'll see if they've got something about just for EU separated from Scotts, just to make sure. Thanks for replying! :smile:)
Reply 3
Original post by irefusetosignup
hey! the way i understand it is that yes, since eu and scottish students are under the same fee status, their admissions stats are grouped together.

someone successfully requested the statistics here:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/updated_admission_statistics

i hope you find what you need (:

Lool there was a post with exactly the data I needed recommended to me (thanks thestudentroom algorithm)

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/split_of_admission_statistics_be#incoming-1345412

This looks really bad actually. Looks like I got a 1% chance of being accepted as an EU student. (Scottish is like 35%) Did you know about this. I thought the same fee status meant the same offer rate. Does residence play a role in the admissions process?
Original post by Anonymous
Lool there was a post with exactly the data I needed recommended to me (thanks thestudentroom algorithm)

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/split_of_admission_statistics_be#incoming-1345412

This looks really bad actually. Looks like I got a 1% chance of being accepted as an EU student. (Scottish is like 35%) Did you know about this. I thought the same fee status meant the same offer rate. Does residence play a role in the admissions process?

lmao I didn't know that! for my course it's 1% as well... great! i thought scots & eu students were regarded the same too, which in retrospect is probably a bit naive. i'm not quite sure what it depends on; maybe IB students are preferred? but that's just speculation, i think your best bet would be to e-mail the admissions office or ask at an open day. what course were you thinking of?
Reply 5
lmao I didn't know that! for my course it's 1% as well... great! i thought scots & eu students were regarded the same too, which in retrospect is probably a bit naive. i'm not quite sure what it depends on; maybe IB students are preferred? but that's just speculation, i think your best bet would be to e-mail the admissions office or ask at an open day. what course were you thinking of?

Computer Science. But it looks like that won't happen... maybe I'll apply for a full scholarship at Harvard since that is more likely to happen :biggrin:

I hope you'll still get accepted :smile: Can't hurt trying.
Do you know if other Scottish universities have the same offer rate for EU students, because that would really suck.
Original post by Anonymous
Computer Science. But it looks like that won't happen... maybe I'll apply for a full scholarship at Harvard since that is more likely to happen :biggrin:

I hope you'll still get accepted :smile: Can't hurt trying.
Do you know if other Scottish universities have the same offer rate for EU students, because that would really suck.

honestly though. i'm applying to cambridge and it's bizarre to think that i'm more likely to get accepted there than at st. andrews or even edinburgh lol.

and yes; edinburgh's is similar for my subject (international relations, around 2%). i've heard that glasgow's is a lot higher but i can't find any stats on it; aberdeen is relatively "easy" to get into from what i've been told as well, but since places for eu students are capped, it's probably difficult anywhere.
honestly though. i'm applying to cambridge and it's bizarre to think that i'm more likely to get accepted there than at st. andrews or even edinburgh lol.

and yes; edinburgh's is similar for my subject (international relations, around 2%). i've heard that glasgow's is a lot higher but i can't find any stats on it; aberdeen is relatively "easy" to get into from what i've been told as well, but since places for eu students are capped, it's probably difficult anywhere.

i'm applying to cambridge and it's bizarre to think that i'm more likely to get accepted there than at st. andrews or even edinburgh lol

not reallyyyyyy on account of the fact that you will be paying £9k a year on Cambridge tuition fees vs £0 for St Andrews
Okay I'm officially doomed since St. Andrews is my first choice and I am an EU Student.
Reply 9
Original post by SophieBer
Okay I'm officially doomed since St. Andrews is my first choice and I am an EU Student.

Same here. It's really disappointing especially if you can't pay the international fees
Has any EU students received an offer yet??
Reply 11
I received an unconditional offer for MLitt HRM -I’m a EU student!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending