The Student Room Group

GCSE 2019 English Literature

I was 10 marks off a 4 but I felt that I did better in paper 1 macbeth and Jekyll but apparently not paper 2 was my best with 35 marks with paper 1 23 marks which I really thought I would of done better with paper 1 as I wrote a lot of pages like 8 can I have some suggestions please thanks
Original post by Will79
I was 10 marks off a 4 but I felt that I did better in paper 1 macbeth and Jekyll but apparently not paper 2 was my best with 35 marks with paper 1 23 marks which I really thought I would of done better with paper 1 as I wrote a lot of pages like 8 can I have some suggestions please thanks

Are you planning on resitting it?

If you are, then I'd say that it is not quantity that you write but the quality. A girl in my school last year wrote less than 2 pages (in english language though) and got 29/30.

Anyways, if you want to improve I'd say having essay plans would be helpful so that no matter what question you get you would be prepared. Also look at the mark schemes and examiner's report, GCSE English lit is a lot about technique (imo). I think that there is a criteria to meet and you will be able to do well.

Are you planning on sending it in for a remark?

I'd say that you should first get your paper back and maybe get your teacher to go through it because ten marks are a lot to gain in a remark. If your teacher thinks you could get a 4 then by all means get a remark (I think they are called reviews now).

Note: I don't think it is necessary to resit English literature if you don't pass it (unlike maths and English language)
Reply 2
_Mia101

Thank you for your feedback I was 8 marks of a 4 in English Language do you think that would be worth a remark thanks Will79
Original post by Will79
_Mia101

Thank you for your feedback I was 8 marks of a 4 in English Language do you think that would be worth a remark thanks Will79

Again 8 marks is a lot of marks to be changed I'd say that the same principle of getting your paper back for your teacher to review would be better than going straight for a remark especially as you are charged per paper.
Reply 4
Original post by _Mia101
Again 8 marks is a lot of marks to be changed I'd say that the same principle of getting your paper back for your teacher to review would be better than going straight for a remark especially as you are charged per paper.

Well my teacher just said get paper 1 remarked as she thinks it could of been harshly marked
Original post by Will79
Well my teacher just said get paper 1 remarked as she thinks it could of been harshly marked

At the end of the day, if oyu think you deserved a higher grade, by all means get it remarked. Just be aware that your grade can go up or down and that you don't get your money back if your wrong.

Although, as your teacher has seen the paper and says it may be harshly marked then you can always go for it.

Note: As of the summer of 2016, your grade will only be changed if the (original) marks couldn't have been reasonably given.
Reply 6
I was 3 marks away from a grade 4 in English language. I've paid for both papers to be remarked. Do you think I'll get it as for question 4 paper 1, i only wrote a paragraph, but for paper 2 question 4 i wrote quite a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending