The Student Room Group

Border Force 2019

Scroll to see replies

Hi FIFI, which location you have applied for? I applied for Heathrow and Gatwick (Possibly Cardiff too, I can't remember anymore 🤣).

With my current work I need to travel abroad often. Sometimes it could be couple of months. Now I can't plan my work ahead without knowing when BF might want me to attend to the interviews. Not good!!!
Reply 21
Applied for Belfast, not heard anything yet.

I do see my status has changed from "application on hold" to "Application being reviewed"
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Trilobite1981
Hi FIFI, which location you have applied for? I applied for Heathrow and Gatwick (Possibly Cardiff too, I can't remember anymore 🤣).

With my current work I need to travel abroad often. Sometimes it could be couple of months. Now I can't plan my work ahead without knowing when BF might want me to attend to the interviews. Not good!!!

Hi Trilobite, yes that must be frustrating regarding not being able to take on current work. BF put it might be as little as 48 hours notice. Was really hoping to hear today, before the weekend. Its great that we can keep each other informed.

Hi, forgot to say in my last message, I have applied for Stansted.
Original post by FiFi74
Hi , no not yet. Hopefully soon. As interviews are from the 16th. Where have you applied for?

Heathrow/ Gatwick locations
Reply 25
Hello! I’ve also applied. My first choice was Heathrow, second was Gatwick and third Dover. I applied for the application with the closing date 30th August, checking emails every day as application is classed as “being reviewed”. Nice to be able to talk to others who have also applied!
Original post by Aimsj
Hello! I’ve also applied. My first choice was Heathrow, second was Gatwick and third Dover. I applied for the application with the closing date 30th August, checking emails every day as application is classed as “being reviewed”. Nice to be able to talk to others who have also applied!

Mate, dont expect anything anytime soon. I applied for the vacancies with the closing date 15th July. Still no change. first few weeks I used to check the status every half an hour. Then I got to know about the BF!! 😏
Reply 27
Hello! Yes i’ve gathered an understanding about how temperamental the application is. Long waiting game, but hopefully for a good outcome! They’ll most likely be opening up another application post anytime soon...
Mate, dont expect anything anytime soon. I applied for the vacancies with the closing date 15th July. Still no change. first few weeks I used to check the status every half an hour. Then I got to know about the BF!! 😏
16th is coming fast , has anyone received interviews for this time?
Anyone else applying for Harwich or Felixstowe
Hi Simon, no I haven't yet. I think they are waiting to see if we are leaving the EU. If we dont leave , then they wont be needing us. Just a thought.
Original post by FiFi74
Hi Simon, no I haven't yet. I think they are waiting to see if we are leaving the EU. If we dont leave , then they wont be needing us. Just a thought.

thanks "Waiting for Brexit" ..... oh I think they will be needing us even more (Just a thought as well)
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/08/31/search-rescue-operations-launched-channel-amid-wave-migrant/
Original post by FiFi74

I think what you meant was “without a deal” 🤔
Thank you you for the news paper article Simon. Ive put hearing from BF to the back of my mind and applied for 2 more jobs with The Met Police and British Transport Police. As soon as I hear from BF , I will let you all know.
I've also applied during this campaign. It's the 14th today and application status is still showing as "being reviewed" despite the information in the application pack suggesting interviews will be ongoing from the 16th onwards. I think it's safe to say they won't be adhering to their timeline, just like in previous campaigns, it seems. It's a bit poor when you consider I purposely kept the week free in anticipation, making adjustments at work and socially, and I expect others will have done the same.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Ahmad1075
I've also applied during this campaign. It's the 14th today and application status is still showing as "being reviewed" despite the information in the application pack suggesting interviews will be ongoing from the 16th onwards. I think it's safe to say they won't be adhering to their timeline, just like in previous campaigns, it seems. It's a bit poor when you consider I purposely kept the week free in anticipation, making adjustments at work and socially, and I expect others will have done the same.

Hi Ahmad, you are right it is poor., especially for a goverment company. It would of been better had they not of given dates out. It is very frustrating. I really had high hopes for this job, but I am loosing confidence in them rapidly. Let's see what next week brings.
Reply 35
Let's see what next week brings.
Hi Just let you know I had my interview come through today so must be working way through
Reply 36
Original post by Rhoden
Hi Just let you know I had my interview come through today so must be working way through

Brilliant! Best of luck! Where did you apply for?
Original post by Rhoden

Nice, I checked my application and no joy. Good luck. I feel like I'm slowly losing hope.
Reply 38
Original post by helpingworld
Nice, I checked my application and no joy. Good luck. I feel like I'm slowly losing hope.

Me too...
Original post by Aimsj
Me too...

It kinda sucks considering I'm still at my current job in hope to get this. Not sure what to do like if I should apply for other jobs. Not sure what I fancy doing though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending