The Student Room Group

OCR: A2 Media Studies

Just trying to not fail my A Levels :smile:
Reply 1
I was wondering if anybody could help me. Currently in my second year of OCR Media Studies and my friends and I are super worried that we have so much content left to cover and our first exam is in June. We've asked our teacher to teach more content in a lesson but apparently she wont and we suggested the option of just opening the left over power points to us so we can work through them at our own pace, but again no response.

We will apparently finish online news next week after 3 long months :smile: (whether this happens or not is a different story), we still have loads to do of the foreign LFTVD and we haven't even touched on Jungle Book 1967.

Could anyone tell me what exam board they are doing (OCR,AQA,EDUCAS,WJEC) and let me know if you've completed the course content or how far off you are?

Just so I can bring it forward to my teacher (again) if we really are so behind.
Hi i sent you a message on another thread but I thought I'd answer on here too. I'm only in my first year (OCR), however we've been through everything in paper 2 and are about to go onto paper 1 after easter. I have lots of notes and a revision book if you need any help, I'd be happy to give you a hand.
Reply 3
Hey,

Can I please have those as I’m doing this course in 1 year 😩😩.

Thank you xx
Original post by IdleAbyss
Hi i sent you a message on another thread but I thought I'd answer on here too. I'm only in my first year (OCR), however we've been through everything in paper 2 and are about to go onto paper 1 after easter. I have lots of notes and a revision book if you need any help, I'd be happy to give you a hand.
Reply 4
Heya

So I’m doing ocr media but I’m doing 2 years in one (intensive)

I have news, jungle book and long film television drama ( just started) to finish!!

Do you know how to answer the questions any essay techniques / plans?
Original post by liv_mae27
I was wondering if anybody could help me. Currently in my second year of OCR Media Studies and my friends and I are super worried that we have so much content left to cover and our first exam is in June. We've asked our teacher to teach more content in a lesson but apparently she wont and we suggested the option of just opening the left over power points to us so we can work through them at our own pace, but again no response.

We will apparently finish online news next week after 3 long months :smile: (whether this happens or not is a different story), we still have loads to do of the foreign LFTVD and we haven't even touched on Jungle Book 1967.

Could anyone tell me what exam board they are doing (OCR,AQA,EDUCAS,WJEC) and let me know if you've completed the course content or how far off you are?

Just so I can bring it forward to my teacher (again) if we really are so behind.
Hey, my first media exam is tomorrow and I know nothing on news online. Does anyone have any notes on it regarding 'The Daily Mail' or 'The Guardian'?
The Daily Mail is a middle market tabloid so it produces topical news as well as celebrity news. It's owned by Viscount Rothermere, and has a one sided, political bias; which is right wing. They're often critical towards the Conservatives and are therefore more likely to be critical of public owned services such as the NHS.
The Guardian was formerly a broadsheet newspaper yet they recently switched to the tabloid format in order to save costs due the decline in print news. It's owned by the Scott Trust, which is an independent fund and it could be argued that this causes it to have a left of centre political bias.
Original post by Kookey2000
Hey, my first media exam is tomorrow and I know nothing on news online. Does anyone have any notes on it regarding 'The Daily Mail' or 'The Guardian'?
Thank you so much :h:

Original post by mimimoomoo7
The Daily Mail is a middle market tabloid so it produces topical news as well as celebrity news. It's owned by Viscount Rothermere, and has a one sided, political bias; which is right wing. They're often critical towards the Conservatives and are therefore more likely to be critical of public owned services such as the NHS.
The Guardian was formerly a broadsheet newspaper yet they recently switched to the tabloid format in order to save costs due the decline in print news. It's owned by the Scott Trust, which is an independent fund and it could be argued that this causes it to have a left of centre political bias.
Hi, I have revision summary notes/example questions on topics of; Newspapers, Tv drama, Big Issue and Music videos. These have taken very, very long to write I have also achieved an A* in Media, some of these essay plans have helped student a lot before in their exams. Please message me for prices, I am also open to any offers x
These notes are based on the exam board OCR btw
includes; how to analyse a front cover on newspapers, agendas of newspapers, differences of tabloid/broadsheets, technological change, how to apply all theories provided by the exam board to the newspapers and how to evaluate them, TV drama is based on Stranger Things and Deutschland83- all answers to the 10 markers- application and evaluation of theory and the key conventions of a tv drama/genres.

EMAIL IF INTERESTED; [email protected]
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by harryisalegend
Hi, I have revision summary notes/example questions on topics of; Newspapers, Tv drama, Big Issue and Music videos. These have taken very, very long to write I have also achieved an A* in Media, some of these essay plans have helped student a lot before in their exams. Please message me for prices, I am also open to any offers x
These notes are based on the exam board OCR btw
includes; how to analyse a front cover on newspapers, agendas of newspapers, differences of tabloid/broadsheets, technological change, how to apply all theories provided by the exam board to the newspapers and how to evaluate them, TV drama is based on Stranger Things and Deutschland83- all answers to the 10 markers- application and evaluation of theory. Message me for more info

Hi, I am currently an A-level student (year 13) studying OCR media studies.
I understand the content for JB franchise, Minecraft, but I AM STUCK ON BBC RADIO 1 BREAKFAST SHOW!!
I don't know where to start and how to answer exam questions on it. I really need some support! Could you please message me about the notes and tips!! thank you xx
Reply 10
Original post by kimdn002
Hi, I am currently an A-level student (year 13) studying OCR media studies.
I understand the content for JB franchise, Minecraft, but I AM STUCK ON BBC RADIO 1 BREAKFAST SHOW!!
I don't know where to start and how to answer exam questions on it. I really need some support! Could you please message me about the notes and tips!! thank you xx

I also have some resources. I achieved an A in media OCR in August 2019. Obviously, my samples will be different as it's likely we studied different bbc radio one breakfast shows. But the terms and political background are all there if you'd like them.
Inbox me your email and I'll get them sent over. :smile:
Hi i really struggling with the media right now i was hoping if you still have you're notes I'm just trying to pass atm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending