The Student Room Group

Should I do an EPQ?

I’ve just started Year 12 and am studying history, maths and physics and was wondering if the EPQ would take up too much of my time with these specific A-levels. Not sure what I’d even do it on as I haven’t a clue what I want to study at University, likely to be either history or physics but I really don’t know. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply 1
History is a drag, literally ur printing papers upon papers, Maths cracks ur IQ, Physics is just too much. Don't get me wrong these subjects are very good. But they are very powerful. If you have a lot free period and u don't work part-time, I would recommend u take EPQ if you have all lot of free time. If you don't have much of free periods, don't take it cah its add more pressure
Original post by clarecassar
I’ve just started Year 12 and am studying history, maths and physics and was wondering if the EPQ would take up too much of my time with these specific A-levels. Not sure what I’d even do it on as I haven’t a clue what I want to study at University, likely to be either history or physics but I really don’t know. Any help would be appreciated.

I would say that you should only do the EPQ if you feel confident in your routine for the other structures. If it could become detrimental to those subjects then you'll have to think about if it's worth those grades or not. I know they may take some time up in terms of revision and practice but if you have a good block of time set aside for the EPQ, you might be able to do it. Personally, I say go for it! You might have fun with it.
Hope this helped!
Reply 3
Original post by reviser28
i would say that you should only do the epq if you feel confident in your routine for the other structures. If it could become detrimental to those subjects then you'll have to think about if it's worth those grades or not. I know they may take some time up in terms of revision and practice but if you have a good block of time set aside for the epq, you might be able to do it. Personally, i say go for it! You might have fun with it.
Hope this helped!

big faxxx.
Reply 4
EPQ prepares you for university and since you’re doing a history A-Level that is an essay based subject, you shouldn’t struggle with the EPQ much. It’s just having the time to research and write a very good essays. Some universities would even lower your entry requirements if you do an EPQ but ultimately it’s up to you. But make sure you to it in a topic that you are generally interested in otherwise it will drag on and you won’t do as well.

Quick Reply

Latest