The Student Room Group

Frontline 2020 Cohort

Hi! Frontline applications have just opened today and I’ve successfully completed the online test so hoping to hear back for a video interview.

I’m in my third year of uni so my degree classification is predicted. What evidence do we take to the assessment centre (if successful) if we don’t have our degree cert yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I hard today that I'm through to the interview stage. I'm so nervous. Don't have an answer for you but following this thread
I applied last year but will also be applying again this year... I got rejected after the video interview! If the questions were the same as last year they are not things you can really prepare for. You just need to know a little about social work and the role. Good luck everyone!
Reply 3
It’s me Waterincan! Couldn’t access that account. I’ve just found out I’m through to the video stage. Anyone know what to expect/how to prepare?
Original post by Wateringcan
Hi! Frontline applications have just opened today and I’ve successfully completed the online test so hoping to hear back for a video interview.

I’m in my third year of uni so my degree classification is predicted. What evidence do we take to the assessment centre (if successful) if we don’t have our degree cert yet?

I applied last year during my 3rd year (unsuccessful at AC) but I didn’t need to take anything to the AC re: my degree because the grade was only predicted - if you got the role, you just had to prove you did achieve the grade at the end of the academic year :smile: good luck!
Reply 5
Does anyone know how much difference it makes to send your application early to the chances of you getting a place on the programme? (if any?)
Last year I didn't complete the video interview until late October but I still made it to the assessment centre. Just don't want to rush my application if there's no need to.
Reply 6
Original post by jsb1991
Does anyone know how much difference it makes to send your application early to the chances of you getting a place on the programme? (if any?)
Last year I didn't complete the video interview until late October but I still made it to the assessment centre. Just don't want to rush my application if there's no need to.

Ive had a few emails from them saying we need to submit each bit of application in quickly as they start allocating as soon as assesment centre starts.
Reply 7
Has anyone done the video interview yet? Feel like I defiantly messed it up :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by cm2211
Has anyone done the video interview yet? Feel like I defiantly messed it up :frown:

Mine was awful. I’m not hopeful that I’ll get through to the assesment centre. :frown:
Submitted my video interview on Sunday and still no reply back, getting more and more anxious by the day :frown:
Original post by jsb1991

I have been offered a place at the assessment centre which is next week, 19th Sept, and will find out a few weeks later if I'm offered a place on the course. Before you go the assessment centre they give you a call and tell you that you aren't competing with other candidates so I don't know if that means they have enough spaces but I do think the sooner that you complete the more likely you are that there will be places available
Original post by carlyfrans
I have been offered a place at the assessment centre which is next week, 19th Sept, and will find out a few weeks later if I'm offered a place on the course. Before you go the assessment centre they give you a call and tell you that you aren't competing with other candidates so I don't know if that means they have enough spaces but I do think the sooner that you complete the more likely you are that there will be places available

When did you do your video interview?
Hi there,

I did my video interview on Sunday and heard back today I’m through to the assessment centre.

In regards to them saying you’re not competing against other candidates, this simply means you are assessed on an individual basis. What they do is assess whether you meet and fulfil the competencies, so you aren’t compared against other people applying but simply whether you meet and display the competencies.

Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by Lewshee
When did you do your video interview?

4th September
I got through to the assesment centre! What documents must we bring? I’m in my third year at uni so don’t have my degree certs so will it just be my maths and English GCSE certs?
Reply 15
I got through to AC also. I've booked to go on the 24th Sept
Reply 16
After completing the online tests, how long have you all waited until invited to do a video interview? Also, if you fail the online tests are you told?
Reply 17
Original post by kkkay
After completing the online tests, how long have you all waited until invited to do a video interview? Also, if you fail the online tests are you told?

I waited 2 days, but it can be up to ten I think. Yeah, if you fail you will be told. No news is good news I guess!
Reply 18
Original post by Leja101
I got through to AC also. I've booked to go on the 24th Sept

Hey- I'm also booked in on the 24th, I've got the afternoon slot
Original post by Cait411
Hey- I'm also booked in on the 24th, I've got the afternoon slot

Mine is the afternoon slot on the 24th too. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending