The Student Room Group

Think Ahead 2022/2023

Hi,
I couldn’t find any threads regarding the next years cohort so thought I’d create one.
I submitted my application yesterday (weds 5th).
Very eager to hear back.
Good luck to everyone that has applied so far 🙂

Scroll to see replies

I keep checking too! I’ve applied and sent my videos on Tuesday. I know it said it would be three weeks but I keep checking constantly! 🤣Have you applied to any other programmes?
Reply 2
Original post by Pinkzippy75
I keep checking too! I’ve applied and sent my videos on Tuesday. I know it said it would be three weeks but I keep checking constantly! 🤣Have you applied to any other programmes?

Me too! I'm refreshing pages every hour, haha! No views on my video yet. How did you find the application in general? I have - have you? desperately hoping to get on one of them, and would be delighted with either!
I’m terrible at waiting! 🤣
I applied for frontline but didn’t get past the application stage.
The application for think ahead was ok I think but I have no idea if I’ve answered the questions they way they want. How did you find it?
Reply 4
I’m terrible at waiting! 🤣
I applied for frontline but didn’t get past the application stage.
The application for think ahead was ok I think but I have no idea if I’ve answered the questions they way they want. How did you find it?

It was OK I think, both application processes are quite rigorous aren’t they. Sorry to hear about frontline - do you know which part of the application you got up to? Was it the test or your videos? At least you know you have passed Think Ahead’s Test!

Which location are you? I’m Midlands 🙂
Reply 5
It was Ok I think, both application processes are quite rigorous aren’t they. Sorry to hear about Frontline. Do you know which stage you got to? Was it the test or videos that didn’t go so well? At least you know you have passed the test for Think Ahead!

Which location are you? I’m midlands 🙂
Original post by Lucyjj288
It was Ok I think, both application processes are quite rigorous aren’t they. Sorry to hear about Frontline. Do you know which stage you got to? Was it the test or videos that didn’t go so well? At least you know you have passed the test for Think Ahead!

Which location are you? I’m midlands 🙂

Their process is slightly different as you do it all in one go, so it was the application including test and video, so no idea. I’m in Merseyside. I was a bit annoyed I didn’t get through on frontline as my current job is working with vulnerable children and their families!
Reply 7
Ah ok, I’ve applied for frontline too and whilst I completed the test and video at the same time, I’ve now been told I passed the test and they are yet to review the videos.
Fingers crossed for Think Ahead!
Ah ok, I’ve applied for frontline too and whilst I completed the test and video at the same time, I’ve now been told I passed the test and they are yet to review the videos.
Fingers crossed for Think Ahead!

I’ve just had an email from Think Ahead and thought it might have been news, nope it was just to inform me of the webinar they’re holding on Monday! 🤣
Reply 9
I’ve just had an email from Think Ahead and thought it might have been news, nope it was just to inform me of the webinar they’re holding on Monday! 🤣

haha, same!! Soon hopefully.... I was secretly hoping they'd try and clear all of the current applications by the weekend XD ....But that's very wishful thinking.
From previous years they’ve stuck to the three week deadline. Frontline only took a couple of days.
From previous years they’ve stuck to the three week deadline. Frontline only took a couple of days.
haha, same!! Soon hopefully.... I was secretly hoping they'd try and clear all of the current applications by the weekend XD ....But that's very wishful thinking.

The second video question was difficult. There were so many possibly ways to answer.
Just managed to get all the bits for the think ahead application submitted. Annoyed at myself that I didn’t do it sooner but oh well!!
Well done to you all for submitting also :smile:
The wait is agony! Anyone heard back?
Reply 15
The wait is agony! Anyone heard back?

Has anyone tried logging into their account at free submitting their application? I just did to see if there was any update/confirmation - and all of my answers seem to have disappeared… hope this is because they have been submitted and not because they are lost 🙈
Reply 16
Original post by lmfcnul
Just managed to get all the bits for the think ahead application submitted. Annoyed at myself that I didn’t do it sooner but oh well!!
Well done to you all for submitting also :smile:

Has anyone tried logging into their account at free submitting their application? I just did to see if there was any update/confirmation - and all of my answers seem to have disappeared… hope this is because they have been submitted and not because they are lost 🙈

I didn't even know there was an account! I haven't tried to log back in after I received a confirmation email saying that got my application and will aim to get back within 3 weeks
Original post by lmfcnul
I didn't even know there was an account! I haven't tried to log back in after I received a confirmation email saying that got my application and will aim to get back within 3 weeks

Neither did I!
Reply 19
Hi all, I just came across this thread! I applied and submitted my think ahead application on 5th october not heard back yet! I applied last year but didn't make it to the assessment centre stage! Applied for frontline for the first time this year and was unsuccessful at application stage too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending