The Student Room Group

How can i swap my subject within the first term of year 12

I am doing double health and soical and psychology. i do not like psychology and want to change it to Art which i got a grade 9 in GCSE. i though t i neede psychology to be a nurse, but i ont and im terrible. I emailed my school and they say you cant change it now but i know ill do better in Art than pschology. is there a loophole, could the school be wrong?? it ahs been 4 weeks since the beginning of yr 12, but its still temr 1
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Abby221002
I am doing double health and soical and psychology. i do not like psychology and want to change it to Art which i got a grade 9 in GCSE. i though t i neede psychology to be a nurse, but i ont and im terrible. I emailed my school and they say you cant change it now but i know ill do better in Art than pschology. is there a loophole, could the school be wrong?? it ahs been 4 weeks since the beginning of yr 12, but its still temr 1

It is up to the school.

What you need to check is whether double health and social care will be enough as normally they want the extended diploma with 15 credits in science. Changing courses is at discretion of school and subject to space. Normally I would expect the chance at this stage. get your parents involved if sure and try and sort it this week or by the latest next. have a plan of how you will catch up and why you need to change.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
It is up to the school.

What you need to check is whether double health and social care will be enough as normally they want the extended diploma with 15 credits in science. Changing courses is at discretion of school and subject to space. Normally I would expect the chance at this stage. get your parents involved if sure and try and sort it this week or by the latest next. have a plan of how you will catch up and why you need to change.

Crisis is over and i managed to change subjects :smile: thankyou for helping tho
Original post by Abby221002
Crisis is over and i managed to change subjects :smile: thankyou for helping tho

Glad it worked out. I hope you change to something which achieves your aims or which you will enjoy.

Quick Reply

Latest