The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, hope it went well? I'm having a video interview as well after 2 days. Thank you!
Hi,
Hope you are well. Which office did you apply for? and have you get invited to the AC? I passed the video interview a month and a half ago, still waiting lol
Thanks!
Original post by HuiPing96
Hi,
Hope you are well. Which office did you apply for? and have you get invited to the AC? I passed the video interview a month and a half ago, still waiting lol
Thanks!

Hey there! I recently applied to RSM Newcastle for Corporate Finance and got an email today saying that I passed the video interview. The next and final stage of the process is just the AC, right? Do you know the dates of their ACs or when they take place usually? Also, do you know whether the AC will be in the office location you applied to or somewhere else? Thanks!
Original post by 1234m5678
Hey there! I recently applied to RSM Newcastle for Corporate Finance and got an email today saying that I passed the video interview. The next and final stage of the process is just the AC, right? Do you know the dates of their ACs or when they take place usually? Also, do you know whether the AC will be in the office location you applied to or somewhere else? Thanks!

Hi,
Congrats! I am not sure tho, I applied the office in London but I passed my video interview almost two months ago and I am still on the shortlists..and yes, after video interview stage is the AC.
Hi,
Congrats! I am not sure tho, I applied the office in London but I passed my video interview almost two months ago and I am still on the shortlists..and yes, after video interview stage is the AC.

So you got the email about passing the video assessment and passing to the next stage almost two months ago but you're on the shortlist for an AC? I thought that after receiving the email that you passed it, it's just a matter of time for them to schedule all ACs and invite you. Good luck btw!
Hey do you guys know how to contact RSM I ve been dropping them email but they did not reply
Original post by adeline1233
Hey do you guys know how to contact RSM I ve been dropping them email but they did not reply

Give them a call at 0121 214 3100 (it's the phone number of their Birmingham office I think) and ask to speak with someone regarding Trainee/Graduate recruitement
Reply 8
Hi,

I'm on the same boat as well! Did you apply for the January 2020 intake? I sent them an email a month ago and they said there was a waiting list for ACs so the earlier you applied, the sooner you would get a date for it. Not sure whether to chase them up again, but it's been a long wait.
Reply 9
Sorry slightly off topic, but I am really struggling with what to say when they ask 'why audit?' and 'why RSM?' ! I feel like my answer is very generic and not that interesting, but I have no idea what they're looking for! Could anyone please give me any advice?
Reply 10
Original post by melody37
I'm on the same boat as well! Did you apply for the January 2020 intake? I sent them an email a month ago and they said there was a waiting list for ACs so the earlier you applied, the sooner you would get a date for it. Not sure whether to chase them up again, but it's been a long wait.

Oh gosh if you don’t have an AC for January intake it will be a long wait for the September intake. I received an email a week ago saying I passed the video interview and they will be in touch.

Hi,
Yes, I applied for January intake. I passed my video interview in August, and I received an email in September saying that because I made my application on the tail of the use of their old system, so it took time to transfer my data to the new system and she asked me to make a new application (new system) but didn't need to do all the tests and the video interview again. After I remade an application, she then moved me to their shortlist...

Which email did u send to? They dont get back to my email/ online queries.

Also how many vi did you guys do? I passed my CAPP VI on Launchpad and then I received another VI invitation again. I was not able to launch the second VI on launchpad. Wrote to them few weeks ago but to no avail. The VI deadline has now passed. quite worried about my application.
Reply 13

Also how many vi did you guys do? I passed my CAPP VI on Launchpad and then I received another VI invitation again. I was not able to launch the second VI on launchpad. Wrote to them few weeks ago but to no avail. The VI deadline has now passed. quite worried about my application.

I only did one VI.

I sent it to [email protected], they replied after 3 days. I only did one VI.

Hi,
Yes, I applied for January intake. I passed my video interview in August, and I received an email in September saying that because I made my application on the tail of the use of their old system, so it took time to transfer my data to the new system and she asked me to make a new application (new system) but didn't need to do all the tests and the video interview again. After I remade an application, she then moved me to their shortlist...

I applied on their old system as well and got shortlisted but didn't have to re-do my application. Hopefully that doesn't cause problems!
Hey, would any of you be able to give a few examples of the questions you were asked? Need a rough idea of how to prepare for the VI. Much appreciated cheers
Original post by dirtyrodrigez
Hey, would any of you be able to give a few examples of the questions you were asked? Need a rough idea of how to prepare for the VI. Much appreciated cheers

For the videointerview?
Hi, im just about to do the video interview, can anyone please tell me some of the questions they were asked
Original post by laurac4817
Hi, im just about to do the video interview, can anyone please tell me some of the questions they were asked

Hey I’ve received an offer in the London office for RSM anyone need advice feel free to message me.
Also if anyone has an offer for the London office let me know ✌️
Reply 19
Hi Congratulations! When did you submit your application? And when is your entry month?

Latest