The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anybody know how applicants are scored pre-interview?
Original post by Mohammad Eisa
10 places and I think about 500+ applications

Thanks for the reply. But what I actually meant was how are your GCSE's, A-levels and UCAT scored? And what's the max score you can achieve, which will then determine who's interviewed?
Original post by Mckailer
Thanks for the reply. But what I actually meant was how are your GCSE's, A-levels and UCAT scored? And what's the max score you can achieve, which will then determine who's interviewed?

UCAT is scored out of 40 points. GCSE are scored out of 30 points. STJ Band is scored out of 15 points and 15 points for contextual data. I don't think A-level are scored as longer as you have achieved or predicted ABB. If you have being predicted above ABB then you are not eligible for this course.

Alternative offers and fast-track interviews to students who successfully complete one of the following:
the University of York’s Next Step York programme
the University of York’s Pathways to STEM programme
the Realising Opportunities programme
the Hull York Medical School Pathways to Medicine programme
Fast-track to interview for care leavers
Reply 4
Hey University of hull provide 15 extra points for people with circumstances does anyone know how to apply for this or get them aware?
Reply 5
UCAT is scored out of 40 points. GCSE are scored out of 30 points. STJ Band is scored out of 15 points and 15 points for contextual data. I don't think A-level are scored as longer as you have achieved or predicted ABB. If you have being predicted above ABB then you are not eligible for this course.

Alternative offers and fast-track interviews to students who successfully complete one of the following:

Hey University of hull provide 15 extra points for people with contextual data do you know how to apply for this or get them aware? Thanks!
Original post by Westy02
Hey University of hull provide 15 extra points for people with contextual data do you know how to apply for this or get them aware? Thanks!

you dont apply for it. they will just give it to you automatically if you have stated that you are a carer or looked after by local authority. They also look at candidate’s home postcode is in an area of low participation (POLAR quintile 1 or 2). They also give points if you went to their STEM Program, HYMS Med pathway program etc. I think you have to meet 2 of them in order to be eligible. call them or email Hull York to confirm.

Wow thanks, so detailed.
Do you happen to know the specific points given for each section? e.g. B= 2points, 600 avg = 15 etc
Or is this information kept private?
Original post by Mckailer
Wow thanks, so detailed.
Do you happen to know the specific points given for each section? e.g. B= 2points, 600 avg = 15 etc
Or is this information kept private?

. Sorry I don't rly k the specific points given in each section but I do know that the point system tend to change every year depending on overall cohort. It's a really competitive course as it only have 10 places so I am guessing A* is 3, A is 2 and B is 1.
btw may I ask where are you applying for Med?
. Sorry I don't rly k the specific points given in each section but I do know that the point system tend to change every year depending on overall cohort. It's a really competitive course as it only have 10 places so I am guessing A* is 3, A is 2 and B is 1.
btw may I ask where are you applying for Med?

I'm applying to:
HYMS (6 years), Southampton (6 years), Plymouth (6 years) and Leeds (5 years), how about yourself? and what are your stats?
My stats re not good so i am applying to foundation courses aswell for 2020 entry. I am on gap year rn. ABB . Applying to BM6, Plymouth (6years), Keele (6years), Leicester (6years) ad backup manchester. Good luck McKailer

Thanks and good luck to you too:wink:
**** GUYS!! ahaha. So i've applied to this course my stats are a bit crap anyways but do you know the postcode checker?? it's changes now apparently my polar 4 is quantile 3 not 2, but i'm a bit confused bc at the bottom of the "office of students" website is says that polar 3 is the old polar 4?? I'm not sure what to do ????? i've contacted the uni but i'm just a bit stuck as i've already applied. HELP ahahah

Ps
Stats:

Predicted - ABB + EPQ
Gcse's - 87A6666655
UCAT - 665 Band 2
Original post by auha54321
**** GUYS!! ahaha. So i've applied to this course my stats are a bit crap anyways but do you know the postcode checker?? it's changes now apparently my polar 4 is quantile 3 not 2, but i'm a bit confused bc at the bottom of the "office of students" website is says that polar 3 is the old polar 4?? I'm not sure what to do ????? i've contacted the uni but i'm just a bit stuck as i've already applied. HELP ahahah

Ps
Stats:

Predicted - ABB + EPQ
Gcse's - 87A6666655
UCAT - 665 Band 2

is it necessary to have quantile 2 or below for this course?

yes or be in care (which i'm not)
Do HYMS only interview people applying for gateway year at the Hull campus - since you study there for a year - or can you select to be interviewed at York too.
Hi I was just wondering about the widening participation requirements for the Foundation year medical school programme. One of the requirements are you need to have received the UCAT bursary. Do we need to email them the evidence or would the university already know that I received the bursary?

No you don’t have to meet that criteria as it says to meet two of the three contextual data. The other two are your parents do you have higher education and you received the UCAT bursary. If you meet both those criteria’s then you don’t need to meet the post code criteria.
Original post by Romana.Ali
Hi I was just wondering about the widening participation requirements for the Foundation year medical school programme. One of the requirements are you need to have received the UCAT bursary. Do we need to email them the evidence or would the university already know that I received the bursary?

Admission team will automatically know whether you received a bursary or not because that information ll be given to admission tutors by our UCAT centres who ll send our ucat scores.
Admission team will automatically know whether you received a bursary or not because that information ll be given to admission tutors by our UCAT centres who ll send our ucat scores.

Oh okay that’s nice to know thank you!
Original post by Romana.Ali
Oh okay that’s nice to know thank you!

Has anyone got email???????????? I just heard that HYMS is sending interviews to A100 Normal 5 years programme ad the admission lady told me on call that those applicants applied for gateway year will also receive interview this week onward...

Latest

Trending

Trending