The Student Room Group

Pick-up artist jailed for being a creep

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-50137960

Looks like he'll be practising his game in prison.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kitten in boots

do you know him
Original post by HumblyBumbly
do you know him

No, but I have been approached by losers like him before.
Reply 3
Original post by HumblyBumbly
do you know him

Could be any of the regular tools who post here
Bit more than a simple creep - he's a predatory sex offender.

Apparently, he's been on remand since January and with a two year sentence backdated to that date, he'll be out on the streets in a couple of months. :frown:
I actually watched that panorama episode about these groups. It was pretty disturbing, basically saying to blokes to practice chatting up and trying to get girls to go back with them, they can pick any age, like a schoolgirl clearly underage is a valid target for "practicing" on to get her number. Then his exact guy was talking about the last minute resistance, basically saying convince her to walk her home, insist you have one more drink or whatever to get inside, and when you get in make excuses like you live far away, not got any cash left for taxi etc, so you better take the couch. Then just follow her to her room and if she says she's uncomfortable etc just say oh you totally get it etc..but then continue persisting anyway, and the classic what shes saying and what her body says are different, they always want it they just don't want to be labelled as a slut, so you just have to keep going until their resistance barrier is gone and you can **** them. Had audio examples of girls basically pleading with him to just leave. I'd not be shocked if once this gets wider coverage he ends up done for more.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
I know a ****ty pick-up artist when I see one, this guy is one of them. Sure some guys do have this amazing skill which I am sure most guys would like to get their hands on, but the truth is no system is perfect and some women just don't fall this, if they are making it clear that you need to leave them alone, accept defeat and move on, if you keep following her this is just harassment now.
I think that this is how they and other who behave like him should be punished:

Spoiler

Reply 8

did he actually comit sexual assult against any of these women?

If not, two years seems too harsh imo

I would give him a fine and some community service for the "harassment", but I'd only class it as harrassment if she said no and he persistantly kept going. Just "talking" to a woman with romantic intentions shouldn't be seen as harrasment
Reply 9
Original post by ANM775

I would give him a fine and some community service for the "harassment", but I'd only class it as harrassment if she said no and he persistantly kept going. Just "talking" to a woman with romantic intentions shouldn't be seen as harrasment

ten years on the Sex Offender's Register, too. definitely more to this
Reply 10
good. scum deserves to rot in prison.

Saw that, what a loser anyways, doesn’t have the proper confidence to be proper in his approach
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by ANM775

Agreed, the title says it all. Jailed for being a creep, two years for it. If it catches up, we'll need twice as many prisons at least.
Reply 13
He apparently grabbed at least one woman and tried to kiss her against her will
Reply 14
Original post by gjd800
He apparently grabbed at least one woman and tried to kiss her against her will

So he may be a creep but at the same time there are people out there thieving and beating up others who get nowhere near two years for the harm they cause, his sentence has to be put against that background and it doesn't look an easy fit to me.
Reply 15
Original post by z-hog
So he may be a creep but at the same time there are people out there thieving and beating up others who get nowhere near two years for the harm they cause, his sentence has to be put against that background and it doesn't look an easy fit to me.

without more info i am inclined to agree

10 years on the SOR is a long time, must be more to it
Reply 16
Original post by z-hog

sex crimes are worse than any other crimes.
Reply 17
Original post by gjd800
without more info i am inclined to agree

10 years on the SOR is a long time, must be more to it

This is all that's mentioned in the link, we're given no reason to think there is anything else:

The self-styled "lifestyle coach" would approach women in the street, often secretly filming the encounter and posting videos offering advice to other men.

In the videos, he offered tips on how to overcome "last-minute resistance" to sex. One clip included audio of a woman apparently recorded during sex.

The trial heard how Ahmed approached two schoolgirls in a secluded lane in Uddingston, South Lanarkshire, in 2016, when they were aged 16 and 17.

He called one of them "pretty", tried to get her phone number and made her feel "uncomfortable" but she walked away.

Another woman broke down in court as she described how Ahmed followed her through Glasgow city centre and grabbed her head as he tried to kiss her.

That seems to be what he got two years for.

Defence counsel Donna Armstrong said: "The accused accepts he was convicted and will change the way he speaks to women."

Sounds like he got two years because of the way he spoke to women, which was freely available on You Tube apparently.
Original post by ANM775

If you read a bit more in depth, you'll discover some of his victims were schoolgirls and there was a "significant sexual aspect" to the offences.

He also has multiple previous convictions.
Reply 19
Original post by Ciel.
sex crimes are worse than any other crimes.

I'd rather be raped than murdered, and I think most people are the same..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending