The Student Room Group

How did you guys start to tutor kids?

I would like to know as I want to tutor A-level and GCSE students, I am on a gap year and most places want qualified tutors with a degree.
Lol going through the same thing 😅
What I'm doing right now though is going to my parents friends and ask them if they might know someone who wants their kids tutored. You could also try neighbours, family, advertising it on the locally etc. You could even try advertising it online
Original post by Sumi12321
Lol going through the same thing 😅
What I'm doing right now though is going to my parents friends and ask them if they might know someone who wants their kids tutored. You could also try neighbours, family, advertising it on the locally etc. You could even try advertising it online

People I know are getting tutor jobs and they are my age.

I am thinking of going inside to ask them.
try looking for local tutoring branches/companies (eg explore learning, Varsity etc), these typically do focus on younger children but would be good for a CV or to advertise yourself, because you would be trained and have experience
Original post by originalbiscotti
try looking for local tutoring branches/companies (eg explore learning, Varsity etc), these typically do focus on younger children but would be good for a CV or to advertise yourself, because you would be trained and have experience

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending