The Student Room Group

Need predicted results for sixth form?

i’ve been homeschooled for gcses and was wondering do i HAVE to have predicted results to apply for sixth form?
i didn’t have any predicted results and am only planning to take the exams privately at an exam centre.
couldn't your mom technically give you a prediction of all As?
Original post by unknown20001
i’ve been homeschooled for gcses and was wondering do i HAVE to have predicted results to apply for sixth form?
i didn’t have any predicted results and am only planning to take the exams privately at an exam centre.

Talk to the school you want to apply to.
You just do past papers at home, and base your predicted grades on the results.

My kids are / were all home educated as well (1 is now in sixth form college). Never had any issues with predicted grades by doing the above method.
Original post by emnaaerymanlto
couldn't your mom technically give you a prediction of all As?

That would be a bit pointless if it weren't actually feasible because you do still need to meet the entry requirements in order to get in, and they do ask for your results when you go to enrolment day.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
You just do past papers at home, and base your predicted grades on the results.

My kids are / were all home educated as well (1 is now in sixth form college). Never had any issues with predicted grades by doing the above method.

Yeah i’m currently working at a grade 8/9 but where would i even write these predicted grades?
Yeah i’m currently working at a grade 8/9 but where would i even write these predicted grades?

On the application form online for your chosen sixth form. There will be a section where you put in your predicted grades.

When we get an call from a home educcated student we don;t expect predictions - they would be unreliable anyway.

Just call them and ask what to do. We'd offer a place on the grades you achieve - we do interview everyone [not part of application process] to talk about A level choices etc.
On the application form online for your chosen sixth form. There will be a section where you put in your predicted grades.

We wouldn't expect predictions from a student not in a school ... that's why the OP needs to talk to the school.
Original post by Muttley79
We wouldn't expect predictions from a student not in a school ... that's why the OP needs to talk to the school.

Fair enough I guess. The ones we applied to did want predicted grades, and the one she ended up attending actually wanted references as well - I had to ask some of her online tutors if they'd mind providing references.
Fair enough I guess. The ones we applied to did want predicted grades, and the one she ended up attending actually wanted references as well - I had to ask some of her online tutors if they'd mind providing references.

Some won't have tutors though ....
Original post by Muttley79
Some won't have tutors though ....

I know, I did grumble a bit about that (inwardly) when they asked for references because I thought it was stupid, but as she had tutors (well, distance learning providers anyway - zoom classes) I figured I wouldn't stir the pot and I'd just ask them to provide references.

Oh okay guys thanks for the advice, i’m not applying for sixth form quite yet haha only in year 10 but i was just curious for the future

Quick Reply

Latest