The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Brunel va Roehampton vs Queen mary

Hey all, I have been thinking of where to apply for next year, I have decided I would like to experience a uni in London or close to London at least, I am currently trying to decide between the 3 unis listed in the title above, I would like to know from anyone that attends either of the 3 which has the best location and nightlife as admittedly I am also going for the “uni experience” I have done a bit of research myself and believe that out of the 3 Queen Mary has the best academic prospects however this is not all that counts to me. I also care about the university as a whole, how helpful/unhelpful staff is to students, the overall student satisfaction rate from students that attended etc. Thank you for any replies.
Original post by Ludz98
Hey all, I have been thinking of where to apply for next year, I have decided I would like to experience a uni in London or close to London at least, I am currently trying to decide between the 3 unis listed in the title above, I would like to know from anyone that attends either of the 3 which has the best location and nightlife as admittedly I am also going for the “uni experience” I have done a bit of research myself and believe that out of the 3 Queen Mary has the best academic prospects however this is not all that counts to me. I also care about the university as a whole, how helpful/unhelpful staff is to students, the overall student satisfaction rate from students that attended etc. Thank you for any replies.

I have been to visit brunel, and I was actaully positively surprised. Though it may be ranked lower in the league tables, it is quite popular. From my understanding, Queen Mary's is a uni on the lower end of the russel group list, it is positively diverses with a range of people, but thr campus and it's location nust lack a bit for me. I can't comment on the last one, because I haven't seen it, and don't intend to. I definitely think that Brunel is worth considering. It is easily connectable to the good nighf life spots in London.
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Jords2011
I have been to visit brunel, and I was actaully positively surprised. Though it may be ranked lower in the league tables, it is quite popular. From my understanding, Queen Mary's is a uni on the lower end of the russel group list, it is positively diverses with a range of people, but thr campus and it's location nust lack a bit for me. I can't comment on the last one, because I haven't seen it, and don't intend to. I definitely think that Brunel is worth considering. It is easily connectable to the good nighf life spots in London.

Which Queen Mrys? Queen Marys in Twickenham I would be surprised if it was a Russel Grp Uni!
Original post by Tigerbb1
Which Queen Mrys? Queen Marys in Twickenham I would be surprised if it was a Russel Grp Uni!

I was talkin abt the Mile End campus in East London but lol
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
I was talkin abt the Mile End campus in East London but lol

Original post by Tigerbb1

The Mile End one aha
Useful reading for anyone about to apply to Uni - How to Avoid 5 Rejections - it covers all the issues about 'choosing' : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
Reply 6

Nice thank you for your reply, no one is very big on Roehampton tbh it seems from everything I have read on here, some say it’s amazing but most are just not that impressed with it, I am leaning towards Brunel atm. Can I ask you was the campus quite large? Are you a current student at Brunel or did you just visit it? What impressed you the most when visiting ?
Original post by Ludz98
Nice thank you for your reply, no one is very big on Roehampton tbh it seems from everything I have read on here, some say it’s amazing but most are just not that impressed with it, I am leaning towards Brunel atm. Can I ask you was the campus quite large? Are you a current student at Brunel or did you just visit it? What impressed you the most when visiting ?

Its worth having a look at the Open Day films on YouTube if you are not able to visit a Uni in person.
It will give you an idea of what each Uni looks like and its plus points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending