The Student Room Group

any advice? :/

ive been thinking about this for a while, and i think its time me and my boyfriend break up. hes one of my best friends and i love him, but its a different love to what it used to be. we've argued a lot lately and i know neither of us are as happy as we used to be. my worry though is that something bad will happen. he struggles with his mental health and im always there to support him. i'd want us to end on good terms and i'd still want us to be friends. we're still young so this relationship shouldn't be the be all and end all. any advice on how to talk to him about this and gently tell him i want to break up would be very very greatly appreciated, because as of right now, im not sure how to move forward with this.
First thing I'd say is sooner is better than later. In a recent relationship we both felt that way for quite a long time before either of us got the balls to say anything and it meant we ended on bad terms. Secondly, make sure you are just open and honest about everything and how you think its changed- don't give excuses thats not fair. If it has changed then he ma feel things need to be spoken about too and he will be prepared to have a chat.

Best of luck! x
Reply 2
Original post by roseabates
First thing I'd say is sooner is better than later. In a recent relationship we both felt that way for quite a long time before either of us got the balls to say anything and it meant we ended on bad terms. Secondly, make sure you are just open and honest about everything and how you think its changed- don't give excuses thats not fair. If it has changed then he ma feel things need to be spoken about too and he will be prepared to have a chat.

Best of luck! x

thank you for this, i'm going to speak to him in 15 minutes, and hopefully everything goes ok or we can talk and sort things out x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending