The Student Room Group

Cemap 1 - running out of time.

Hello, so my exam as in around 4 weeks time. I’m barely halfway through the book so my time is running out. I have until the end of the year to sit it. Things have got in the way of studying. I’m going to sit the exam because I have nothing to lose at this point. My question is, should I continue slogging my way through the book and concentrate on every single detail or is my best bet to do mock exams and past papers? I always feel I retain the answers well and as soon as I see the answer it makes sense. Reading the book on the other hand seems to have the opposite effect. The more I read the more earlier stuff I forget. If I fail this year I’ll re register and try and commit better next year.
Hi,

I've just completed my CEMAP 1 exam and it was quite difficult. I personally started off reading through the module but after a while I just started practising with the past papers. The questions are quite similar for the past papers. I did luckily pass the first time but I did get quite far in the course itself.

Good luck with your exam and if you decide to go for the past papers don't get the ones off ebay, they're a load of crap and always out of date.
Reply 2
Original post by dajackel12
Hi,

I've just completed my CEMAP 1 exam and it was quite difficult. I personally started off reading through the module but after a while I just started practising with the past papers. The questions are quite similar for the past papers. I did luckily pass the first time but I did get quite far in the course itself.

Good luck with your exam and if you decide to go for the past papers don't get the ones off ebay, they're a load of crap and always out of date.

Thanks very much for reply. Wasn’t sure I merited a reply given my lack of commitment lol. Thanks for the heads up on eBay. I did have a look funnily enough. Given you’ve not long passed (congratulations) would you happen to be selling your past papers? 🤗 I’ve definitely not got time to get through the rest of this book and retain what I need to. Thanks again.
Original post by Bea2bea
Thanks very much for reply. Wasn’t sure I merited a reply given my lack of commitment lol. Thanks for the heads up on eBay. I did have a look funnily enough. Given you’ve not long passed (congratulations) would you happen to be selling your past papers? 🤗 I’ve definitely not got time to get through the rest of this book and retain what I need to. Thanks again.

No worries mate, I know how difficult it can get with cemap and the lack of information out there.

I don't actually have the physical copies of the past papers otherwise i would have sent them for free. I saw that LIBF were selling them but they were quite expensive so got them from this site: https://uacademy.co.uk - (I think i saw them advertising at student room but not sure) I got the full course as I didn't have any other notes but if you've already got the cemap notes then I think you can just get the practice exams by themselves. They were alot cheaper then everywhere else and the exams i have to say are good.

Good luck and don't give up! It can get tough but I think it'll be worth it in the end. Keep me updated as well!
Reply 4
Original post by dajackel12
No worries mate, I know how difficult it can get with cemap and the lack of information out there.

I don't actually have the physical copies of the past papers otherwise i would have sent them for free. I saw that LIBF were selling them but they were quite expensive so got them from this site: https://uacademy.co.uk - (I think i saw them advertising at student room but not sure) I got the full course as I didn't have any other notes but if you've already got the cemap notes then I think you can just get the practice exams by themselves. They were alot cheaper then everywhere else and the exams i have to say are good.

Good luck and don't give up! It can get tough but I think it'll be worth it in the end. Keep me updated as well!

Thanks very much great link. Much cheaper so I’ll get them for definite. Exams on the 19th dec so fingers crossed!
Original post by Bea2bea
Thanks very much great link. Much cheaper so I’ll get them for definite. Exams on the 19th dec so fingers crossed!

No worries, Good luck for your exam!
Reply 6
Update... so I sat cemap 1 mid December. Failed unit 1. 33 marks out of 50. Needed 35 to pass. Passed unit 2 thankfully. I have contacted LIBF because at least two of the question I believe were not relevant for the Scottish exam. On the LIBF website when booking the exam it asks all Scottish students to phone and book the exam which I did. My understanding is because there is an English version. So one question in particular refers to tenancies in common or similar. I have never heard of the phrase. The other question has totally escaped my mind but I’m sure will come back to me when I’m studying for resit. I’m waiting on LIBF coming back to me when they reopen. Just wonder if I’m correct about possible different exams depending on location.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending