Original post by Reality Check
"Que sera, sera"

I mean, it's just so meaninglessN

Good footie chants, though!
“It is what it is”

Yeah..... stfu
Original post by HumblyBumbly
Oh God that is a depressing one.

Helping people doesn't ever come back in your face unless you help with the expectation of something in return.

That wasn't my interpretation of it..I thought it was like your help is thrown in your face and you come out with this elegiac phrase as though it always happens and the world is so thankless, when it was just like one time.
'have your cake and eat it' only because its dumb. whats the point of having a cake if you're not going to eat it???
Original post by Joleee
just think about how much worse other people have it :rolleyes:

PRSOM!

Just saw this, sorry! :tongue: but deffo agree with this
Original post by Obolinda
:curious:

I take your point, but regardless of the situation if you expect nothing back (including not expecting gratitude), by definition how can you feel disappointed?
Original post by londonmyst
Unless the recipient of the help is the sort of person that is a devious habitual troublemaker and really enjoys biting helping hands.
I've met a few.

Even then - it just reflects that individual. The world isn't throwing anything back in your face.
Original post by aciana
That wasn't my interpretation of it..I thought it was like your help is thrown in your face and you come out with this elegiac phrase as though it always happens and the world is so thankless, when it was just like one time.

Yes! Fair enough :smile:
There’s someone for everyone. There isn’t for me.
"Forgive and forget"
"Terrorist attacks won't divide us we must resolute"
"Diversity is our strength"
"For the many not for the few"
One man's platitude is another's apophthegm

:beard:
Original post by Oxford Mum

Murm we are always here 4 u

:hugs:
Original post by indigo567
"Forgive and forget"
"Terrorist attacks won't divide us we must resolute"
"Diversity is our strength"
"For the many not for the few"

Lol. I like the last one
Original post by Obolinda
A platitude is: a remark or statement, especially one with a moral content, that has been used too often to be interesting or thoughtful.

Which ones do you find the most annoying :tongue:
I'll start:
"everything happens for a reason" - I agree that most things have causes but I disagree that all bad things are part of some divine plan and it always just "works itself out" sometimes bad things happen.

"enjoy your GCSE's as a-levels are much harder"(not sure if this count) - what a patronising person you are! I'm meant to enjoy suffering as it eventually gets worse. No, GCSE's are not pure suffering and I do think I'll look back at this time and find much enjoyment in it but exams are definitely not a pleasant experience for most people, and that kind of rhetoric is so unhelpful!

For me....and it is on this forum so often. " if you want it badly enough you will get it" in relation to say.... someone wanting to get into medical school with a gcse in needlework and a btec in drama.

When I point out rather accurately that they have as much chance of getting into medical school as I have of becoming a supermodel, I get shouted at.

Ah got to go kate moss is calling....
"thoughts and prayers" - many of those who say this don't even mean it, especially some politicians

"my heart goes out to..." - my heart will stay in my chest where it's supposed to be.

Aw sorry. Internet dating worked for me. Got married to lovely man last year. Best 50 quid I ever spent.
Let's get Brexit done.
It’s at moments like this I really love TSR.
Original post by Leviathan1611
"my heart goes out to..." - my heart will stay in my chest where it's supposed to be.

:lol:
Original post by the bear
One man's platitude is another's apophthegm

:beard:

:biggrin:

It’s at moments like this I really love TSR.

love ya x
@squeakysquirrel I tried internet dating as well. My photo was viewed 368 times in one week, but the guys didn’t like my personality.
@Obolinda what a sweet person you are.
@squeakysquirrel I tried internet dating as well. My photo was viewed 368 times in one week, but the guys didn’t like my personality.

How can they tell your personality from a photo.

Look if you want to get a date, you have to be a bit less selective - you clearly have had relationships in the past - you have two boys I believe. It is a chance to reinvent yourself. I had an absolute ball on Match.com. Met some hideous people ( him - I want to make love to you, me - OMG and snuck out - we literally had just met 10 minutes before), but also some really great ones - one of whom I married.

Quick Reply

Latest