The Student Room Group

does it actually impress people if you reply to emails fast

or is it just annoying
Reply 1
Nobody is paying that much attention to you, or anyone besides themselves for that matter.
Aim to impress yourself.
Reply 2
Original post by Chris2892
Nobody is paying that much attention to you, or anyone besides themselves for that matter.
Aim to impress yourself.

hmm
Reply 3
IDK about impressive but it is most certainly relieving to not have to wait hours for a simple reply.
Reply 4
It impresses me.
Reply 5
okay maybe i will actually reply faster
Reply 6
I have a 3 day turnaround but try to be quicker, not to impress anybody but to save unnecessary anxiety on the part of the students.
Reply 7
Surely it depends on what the email is about. If it's a professional matter you of course reply as quickly as possible, how can that possibly be annoying? email is simply a devise through which people communicate. If you had a conversation with a colleague in person, would you make them wait just to be impressive before you formed a verbal response? however if what you're referring to is email as a means of chatting someone up, then perhaps you might want to wait to think about feelings etc before giving a response. Like i said it all depends on what the subject of the email is.
Depends on the context of the email.
Personal or work.
Replying quickly to work emails generally gives a very good impression but can lead to be viewed as always available to reply on weekends & during holiday leave.

Quick Reply

Latest