The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Interview yay! 2880, 2.1 biomed & MSc in Cancer. Don’t know when my interview is yet tho. Already nervous :s-smilie:
I got rejected with a predicted distinction in BSc Psychology and a UCAT score of 2650 (Band 2), which they stated was not high enough to get an interview.
Original post by EvaMariaNicola
I got rejected with a predicted distinction in BSc Psychology and a UCAT score of 2650 (Band 2), which they stated was not high enough to get an interview.

I got rejected for the same reason too last night. I kinda predicted i would with a low score (lower than yours) but i wonder what the cut off was
Original post by KingLadoo
I got rejected for the same reason too last night. I kinda predicted i would with a low score (lower than yours) but i wonder what the cut off was

Sorry to hear that you got rejected too. I actually was quite hopeful (probably wishful thinking)... its just a shame that the UCAT counts so much more than grades...
Reply 64
Ah I’m 2:1 Biomedical Science with a UCAT score of 2600 (band 2) it looks like my rejection is pending
I'm really sorry to hear that and honestly wish you all the best with your remaining medical applications.

I got rejected with a predicted distinction in BSc Psychology and a UCAT score of 2650 (Band 2), which they stated was not high enough to get an interview

I'm really sorry to hear that you got rejected and honestly wish you all the best with your remaining choices. It’s worrying 2650 is actually quite a good ucat score :frown:
Reply 66

Sorry to hear about your rejection, did you apply anywhere else?

I also hate to ask, but did you clarify with KCL whether Psychology would have been accepted as a degree for the course or not?
Original post by 548
Sorry to hear about your rejection, did you apply anywhere else?

I also hate to ask, but did you clarify with KCL whether Psychology would have been accepted as a degree for the course or not?

I did contact them and they said if the majority of my subjects are bio science subjects, then I should apply. I somehow though that they look at the UCAT score and the predicted grades. But from what I can gather from their feedback, the UCAT score was too low and they did not even bother looking at anything else.
I also have applied at Queen Mary, but have not heard anything yet...
I did contact them and they said if the majority of my subjects are bio science subjects, then I should apply. I somehow though that they look at the UCAT score and the predicted grades. But from what I can gather from their feedback, the UCAT score was too low and they did not even bother looking at anything else.
I also have applied at Queen Mary, but have not heard anything yet...

QM really like a achieved or predicted distinction or first by their graduates so i hope you get an invite from them; good luck!
Original post by supergrad
QM really like a achieved or predicted distinction or first by their graduates so i hope you get an invite from them; good luck!

Thank you! Have you achieved to get an interview?
Thank you! Have you achieved to get an interview?

I haven't heard back.. King's is the only grad entry med I've applied to.. what are your other choices?
Sorry to hear that you got rejected too. I actually was quite hopeful (probably wishful thinking)... its just a shame that the UCAT counts so much more than grades...

its ok, its not the end of the world. Having spoken to Doctors and dentists alike, both say the UCAT is an unforgiving exam, alot of people with the right qualities/skillset get straight up rejected because of their score. But that is the game unfortunately.
@kingladoo i have to say it; nice username
Reply 73
I haven't heard back yet- First in biochemistry, UCAT 2840 B2
Really thought I'd get the interview this year, guess I am waiting for my rejection
Looks like theyve only really given interviews to people with a band 1 situational judgement so far
Reply 75
Not really sure on cut-off either as based on the spreadsheet (unless it's a typo) UCAT range is 2600 to 3050 and Band 1 (with 1 Band 2)
Original post by Bio.Sam
Not really sure on cut-off either as based on the spreadsheet (unless it's a typo) UCAT range is 2600 to 3050 and Band 1 (with 1 Band 2)

could you post the link to the spreadsheet please?
Original post by supergrad
@kingladoo i have to say it; nice username

hahah thanks, its been my go-to username for anonymity on the internet since my club penguin days back in 05 👀😂

Latest

Trending

Trending