The Student Room Group

Uni credit transfers

Hi,
I am going to be studying in Loughborough this year but I wish to apply again for a different university in the 2024 admissions cycle. Will my credits from Loughborough from the first-year transfer to the new uni, say KCL? Even if I have to start again in the first year, will any credits transfer at all?
Reply 1
I thought that you had a deferred place for KCL last year, so why don’t you just take it up now? If you missed your grades in the last cycle then you’ve already retaken and it’s probably best just to move on. If Loughborough doesn’t tick the boxes for you, then don’t go. It’ll either mean more expense or more debt and I really can’t see the advantage of doing just one year there, even though it’s a great uni with many industry connections and future employment prospects.
Original post by jiji_avi
Hi,
I am going to be studying in Loughborough this year but I wish to apply again for a different university in the 2024 admissions cycle. Will my credits from Loughborough from the first-year transfer to the new uni, say KCL? Even if I have to start again in the first year, will any credits transfer at all?

See this page on the KCL web site.

One key criterion is that, even if you have studied at Loughborough for a year, you will only be considered for a transfer to KCL if, "You have met the standard first year entry requirements for the course (such as A-levels or equivalent)".

Transfers into the second year are possible if, "You have studied the same or very similar modules to those on the first year of the course here at King’s in your first year."

There is a also a list of courses on that page which accept transfers. You cannot transfer into a course not listed.
Reply 3
'Credit transfer' isn't automatic - unlike the USA.

And Unis like KCL etc rarely take transfers from Universities with lower entry requirements than their own - so you cant use this as a back-door to upgrade your Uni choice.

Go to Loughborough with an open attitude and you will have a great time - or resit your A levels and apply to KCL. You can't have it both ways.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
'Credit transfer' isn't automatic - unlike the USA.

And Unis like KCL etc rarely take transfers from Universities with lower entry requirements than their own - so you cant use this as a back-door to upgrade your Uni choice.

Go to Loughborough with an open attitude and you will have a great time - or resit your A levels and apply to KCL. You can't have it both ways.

Both courses have the same entry requirement. Anyway I'm not thinking about it doing that anymore, thanks for your reply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending