The Student Room Group

Equivalency test in English subject

Hi,
I’m planning to apply for teachers training course in 2020. I’ve done graduation from another country & have checked my grades from NARIC. Simultaneously I’ve also spoken to ‘getintoteaching’ advisors. They have asked me to only do an equivalency in English subject.
I have few doubts before I begin the course:

1. Is equivalency course done from https://www.equivalencytesting.com/ or is there any other provider that provides equivalency course?

2. I also checked with Oxford open learning for doing English GCSE. They are asking me to speak to the universities first before doing the IGCSE English subject. They said that the English GCSE & the English IGCSE course is accepted by the universities. However, I should opt for IGCSE English course as the course is very straight forward as compared the English GCSE.

- Here my question is a)why do I need to speak to the universities if the school says that I just need to do my English equivalency?
- b) is it true that Igcse is better suited for overseas candidate?
It would be great if I could get some inputs as that will help me better to make a informed decision.
Kind regards,
Ana

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by anaferns
Hi,
I’m planning to apply for teachers training course in 2020. I’ve done graduation from another country & have checked my grades from NARIC. Simultaneously I’ve also spoken to ‘getintoteaching’ advisors. They have asked me to only do an equivalency in English subject.
I have few doubts before I begin the course:

1. Is equivalency course done from https://www.equivalencytesting.com/ or is there any other provider that provides equivalency course?

2. I also checked with Oxford open learning for doing English GCSE. They are asking me to speak to the universities first before doing the IGCSE English subject. They said that the English GCSE & the English IGCSE course is accepted by the universities. However, I should opt for IGCSE English course as the course is very straight forward as compared the English GCSE.

- Here my question is a)why do I need to speak to the universities if the school says that I just need to do my English equivalency?
- b) is it true that Igcse is better suited for overseas candidate?
It would be great if I could get some inputs as that will help me better to make a informed decision.
Kind regards,
Ana

Hi Ana, how did it go, did you take the equivalency exam? did you do the course.

please send me a message , I need desperately need some info.

thank you so much
Reply 2
Original post by OanaZ
Hi Ana, how did it go, did you take the equivalency exam? did you do the course.

please send me a message , I need desperately need some info.

thank you so much

Hi Ana,
If you have done your gcse English equivalency test with ET then please kindly share the topics of writing and poem section. i am very confuse and have no other choice rather then passing this test. I request please help if you dont mind.
thanks
Reply 3
Please if anyone doing Equivalency test in English , kindly help by sharing writing and poem topics. i have my test in 10days and don't have much time to study.
anyone's help would be appreciated,

thanks
Reply 4
Hi everyone,
If anyone sat for English equivalency test with ET today on 14th July 2020 then please please kindly share the writing topics and poems.
I would appreciate any help.
Please also tell if the online test was overall ok with timings, etc
Thanks
Original post by SZRRN
Hi everyone,
If anyone sat for English equivalency test with ET today on 14th July 2020 then please please kindly share the writing topics and poems.
I would appreciate any help.
Please also tell if the online test was overall ok with timings, etc
Thanks

Hi, I have my equivalency test in a few days time. Do you have any tips? :smile:
Original post by Aj Richards
Hi, I have my equivalency test in a few days time. Do you have any tips? :smile:

How did your exam go? What was each section like. Eg. Section B writing and the poem section what poems came up.

Thank you
Original post by Nilguntepe
How did your exam go? What was each section like. Eg. Section B writing and the poem section what poems came up.

Thank you

Original post by Aj Richards

Hi,I got a last minute conditional offer for PGCE provided I pass my English Equivalency in 2 weeks.I would be very grateful if someone can confirm the writing topics and the poetry section.
Reply 8
Hi Annadid you managed to pass your equivalency test ?Share your experience
Reply 9
Hi, I recently passed the ET for English. It wasn’t too bad of an experience to be fair. I signed up for the course on a Monday, took the test on a Friday and received my results on the following Tuesday, although I did pay an extra £25 to fast track my result.
Reply 10
Hi, thanks again
Which website you used to do your test and did you buy the course too.
Reply 11
Hi, I used Equivalency Testing for Career Development. No I didn’t buy the course, just the test
Original post by Ecokls
Hi, I recently passed the ET for English. It wasn’t too bad of an experience to be fair. I signed up for the course on a Monday, took the test on a Friday and received my results on the following Tuesday, although I did pay an extra £25 to fast track my result.

Hi, could you please let me know many parts of the English Equivalency test? And how long does it take ? Many thanks
Hi, is there anyone have taken GCSE English equivalency test? Could you kindly share the two poems?
Original post by Ecokls
Hi, I used Equivalency Testing for Career Development. No I didn’t buy the course, just the test

Hi

can you please let us the know the questions that came up? what 2 poems?

thank you
Original post by Ecokls

hi

can you please let us know what 2 poems came up? and what questions in section a and b?

thank you
Reply 16
Hi, could you please share your experience with us. How was poetry?
Reply 17
Hi, could you please share your experience with us. How was poetry? Hi could you please share your experience. Thanks
Reply 18
Yes please, anyone who has done this exam, what poems did you get? Was the exam difficult?
Hello. I need to take English equivalency test in one week. Does anyone have any experience about the exam time management?? I know it is 3 section with 3 seperate 40 minutes. Can I spend one 50 minutes on section A and 30 minutes on section B?? Or we are not able to write in sectionA after 40 minutes is done?I would appreciate if someone answers me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending