The Student Room Group

How to give myself motivation

I’m doing my GCSE’s this year. I have the motivation, but it hasn’t hit me yet. How can I make sure that i can fully realise that i have my GCSE’s so that i can procrastinate less ?
Reply 1
The best advice I can give you is to make your notes early for each subject. then revsie from them. it will save u from last minute revision
Reply 2
Tbh the realisation doesn't really hit untill your lining up for the first exam. From there everything goes so fast.
What do you consider to be early to start revising all the content ?
Reply 4
Original post by GCSE_Rockstar32
What do you consider to be early to start revising all the content ?

Ensure that your notes are done by Dec holidays / Early Jan. Then start to revise.
But it is easier said then done. However just do your work bc you'll thank yourself later
Reply 5
Also, have a plan since there alot of subjects. for example, 1 hour of maths on monday the next hour do science etc. Once you have your notes, revision shouldn't be too bad bc at least you know you have all the info you need.
Reply 6
How far are you with your notes
I’m done with science. I’m halfway done with my others.
Reply 8
thats good.
Reply 9
Here are more tips:
- teach others you learn better
- make shorter notes
- quizlet is a good app for online flashcards
- when your revising your notes, get a blank piece of paper and hide your original notes. Then try to summarise everything on the blank page
Reply 10
I find this technique effective.
for my exams I made notes. then made questions based on the notes.
I would read the notes again and again, I would also teach others Then i would look at the questions that i produced (based on my notes) and I would answer them.
If i was able to answer the questions, then it meant that I learnt and understood my notes
Reply 11
i hope this makes sense and is helpful for you. Good luck with your GCSEs, wish you the best!
also don't hesitate to ask for more advice or if u have any questions, i am more than happy to help
Thank you so much 😊

Quick Reply

Latest