The Student Room Group

University exams

This is going to sound like a stupid question but in university exams, do you get an arranged seat? I've been given my exam timetable but it just has the date, time, and room, but has no seat so I was wondering if you do get them 🙂❤️
Original post by _Jess_Mardon_
This is going to sound like a stupid question but in university exams, do you get an arranged seat? I've been given my exam timetable but it just has the date, time, and room, but has no seat so I was wondering if you do get them 🙂❤️

Depends on the course and university, at my institution finals exams definitely have seats ordered by candidate number, which also allows the invigilators to keep students who have extra time in a separate block so there is less disruption when the main cohort leaves.
I don't know for sure because I have extra time so am in a smaller room, but my friends in the regular hall have had two types of seating arrangement. In the first set of exams, apparantly they were given a slip of paper with a seat number on it at the door as they walked in and that was their assigned seat. Attendance is taken based on a slip of paper for us that we fill in before the exam starts with our exam number, signature, etc. so it doesn't actually matter where you're sitting. The other times, they've been given a seating plan on the outside of the room that they check before they go in, a bit like in GCSEs and A Levels. This is the same way I get my seat number in the smaller room.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending