The Student Room Group

Anyone applying for Royal college of arts 2020?

I have applied for the Design products MA, 3-4 days before the deadline.
How was the application process for you guys?
Has anybody got a call back from them?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The process in pebble is smooth. But since there was no any confirmation notification or other signal shown after progress showed 100%, I don't know whether the application is successful or not. =.=
Reply 2
Original post by Ahsaa1
The process in pebble is smooth. But since there was no any confirmation notification or other signal shown after progress showed 100%, I don't know whether the application is successful or not. =.=

I emailed them about the same thing and the staff said that as long as it is 100% complete before the deadline, they will review it! So do not worry.
Reply 3
Original post by anaik28
I emailed them about the same thing and the staff said that as long as it is 100% complete before the deadline, they will review it! So do not worry.

Wow Thanks! :smile:
Reply 4
Hi all, I have submitted my application right on the deadline for CCA Masters.
Wonder if anybody received an interview invitation or heard anything back?
Hello, I've applied for MA Painting and still haven't got any notification about the interviews and they start tomorrow. I've sent them an email on Wednesday but they haven't replied yet.
Reply 6
Original post by Ckatarina
Hello, I've applied for MA Painting and still haven't got any notification about the interviews and they start tomorrow. I've sent them an email on Wednesday but they haven't replied yet.

Same here! Maybe they will start notifying from tomorrow?
I hope so because it's really nerve-wracking not knowing. I've seen one discussion from 2017 and I guess the notification delays are pretty common for them.
Reply 8
Hey thought will just tell you about my application experience last year. I applied for
Contemporary arts practice MA on 30th Jan and got an invite to interview 3 weeks after on 20th feb for the 26th so only had a week to prepare! I had the interview and got an email 2 days later on 28th with my offer of a place, so it was very quick for me, hope it is for you too!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Thanks for the sharing. Good to know that I'm not the only one in the waiting game....I guess we can only try to wait it out.....(totally agree its kind of nerve wrecking)Good luck to everybody
Due to the number of applications to the Painting Programme for the academic year 2020-2021, we are not holding interviews for those who submitted applications in Round One. We will rely wholly on portfolios, motivation statements, and video statements to assess applicants.
Thank you so much for this information. Do you know whether this is the same for IDE/any other programme? RCA changed their admissions process and claims to only hold interviews for very selected cases/is not necessary for admission. Is this true or more a matter of preventing "panic"?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by greenishtea
Thank you so much for this information. Do you know whether this is the same for IDE/any other programme? RCA changed their admissions process and claims to only hold interviews for very selected cases/is not necessary for admission. Is this true or more a matter of preventing "panic"?

Just send them an email to make sure! Good luck!
I have a similar reply for CCA. Not all applicants will be invited for interviews, applicants will be interviewed only when academic staff requires further clarification. So I guess we will have to wait direct for the results then.......................
Reply 14

Hey there even I have applied to IDE, do share any update if you get anything from their side
Reply 15

I sent email to them last week about the question you mentioned. No reply yet.
Original post by Ahsaa1
I sent email to them last week about the question you mentioned. No reply yet.

To which email address you sent it?
Reply 17
Original post by Ckatarina
To which email address you sent it?

direct to IDE admin
Original post by Ahsaa1
direct to IDE admin

They have replied to me from the program email ([email protected]).
So I phoned them. The person didn't seem to be directly involved and claimed she had little information. Regarding the interview in only selected cases, she simply repeated "you have to wait for the department to contact you". I guess once someone from IDE says they had an Interview, it's done for us (or we will apply for the second round. Does this work? What is this round stuff anyways? :biggrin:).

Nonetheless, I was reading the application processes from the last years with the waybackmachine. They changed everything this year. The note regarding "interviews only in selected cases" is very much new. Also keep in mind, that the video challenge and the whole pebble pad is new. Maybe the video challenge is replacing the interview, to reduce necessary resources. Still I have this notion, that they do have interviews and just want to reduce mails/phone calls asking for the interviews. If this was the plan, they probably failed with this new system, though ^^
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest