The Student Room Group

Dentistry Queen Mary 2020

I have got an interview invitation from Queen Mary today for January!:smile:
Has anyone already been interviewed?
Any advice will be really appreciated.
What type of interview is it? Traditional or MMI? Also, does band 4 count during the interview?
Thank you very much.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sara1498
I have got an interview invitation from Queen Mary today for January!:smile:
Has anyone already been interviewed?
Any advice will be really appreciated.
What type of interview is it? Traditional or MMI? Also, does band 4 count during the interview?
Thank you very much.

So nobody had had an interview yet I don’t think Barts normally start by the end of January.
Their style is panel so will be a 20 min interview ish with a panel.
Last year they combined interview score with SJT band score. So band 4 might count x
Original post by LondonDentist
Hi Sara,

I graduated from Barts (QMUL) and currently working in Kent as a Dentist. I also been on the panel for Dental interviews, a final year student rep. The panel is normally composed of three members including a Final Year student. Drop me a line if you have any questions. I also provide one to one mentoring and interview prep.

Faiyaz

Hi Faiyaz,
Do you know if barts are combining SJT scores again this year with interview score?
T x
Original post by xoxo160702
Hi Faiyaz,
Do you know if barts are combining SJT scores again this year with interview score?
T x

Yes the SJT will have some weighing on overall score, but the interview will really give you an opportunity to shine. If you impress, your SJT score will not play as much of a role
Yes the SJT will have some weighing on overall score, but the interview will really give you an opportunity to shine. If you impress, your SJT score will not play as much of a role

Thank u
Does Queen Mary interview only last 20 min?
What will the rest of time involve?
Thank you very much for your reply!!:smile:
I got an interview for end of Jan.
I have Queen Mary has a really nice Dentistry course and also the clinics are perfect.
Did you finish Queen Mary?
Also, regarding the interview video will I be given any information before that?

Yes I graduated from QMUL (Bart and the London School of Dentistry). The course is will structured and the teaching hospital is one of the newest of built so that facilities are great.
Yes I graduated from QMUL (Bart and the London School of Dentistry). The course is will structured and the teaching with hospital is one of the newest of built so that facilities are great.

With regards to the video, no real info given prior to the day, just make sure ur are prep on topics of consent, confidentely, professionalism etc.
With regards to the video, no real info given prior to the day, just make sure ur are prep on topics of consent, confidentely, professionalism etc.

Thank you very much!:wink:
Do you know what is the ratio of offers after the interview?
Reply 9
Hey Faiyaz I have also received an interview from Barts......could you please some tips and examples of what questions they would ask?Isha
Has anyone already been conducted an interview for Barts for entry 2020?
Reply 11
hi I also just got an interview from Queen Mary for January.I am aware that Queen Mary do traditional panel interviews rather then MMIs.
Original post by _sam.a
hi I also just got an interview from Queen Mary for January.I am aware that Queen Mary do traditional panel interviews rather then MMIs.

Yeah
I got mine as well but I did not get the official letter yet. How long is it going to take to email it to me?
Also, do we get to choose a slot? I know that we have between 39-31 Jan right? Are all interview going to be only that period?
Reply 13
Yeah
I got mine as well but I did not get the official letter yet. How long is it going to take to email it to me?
Also, do we get to choose a slot? I know that we have between 39-31 Jan right? Are all interview going to be only that period?

I received an email from them. it said that they will give more details about the time slots more closer to the time (29th-31st). they did mention if these dates are inconvenient, then you should let them know about this.

Original post by _sam.a
I received an email from them. it said that they will give more details about the time slots more closer to the time (29th-31st). they did mention if these dates are inconvenient, then you should let them know about this.

I phoned them today asking them if I could be interviewed on the 24/01 instead and told me that I had to choose from the 29-31/01 period, so I have to choose one slot from this.:frown:
Hi Faiyaz, I was wondering if you could pass on the details for the dental interview course as it sound quite interesting. Thanks Jannah
I have my QMUL interview on 30/01 who has it the same day as well?
Me I’ve got mine then
Original post by xoxo160702
Me I’ve got mine then

:wink:
Reply 19
from what year are students introduced to patients? Is it year 2?

Quick Reply

Latest