The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gem2020
damn - hope it doesnt get lost in junk mail then .
and i have just called up and apparently all the invites are sent for december dates. They will start sending invites for 13th -24th january on around the
19th December.

Yeah I got mine on 20th December last year I think, might be wrong. Interviewed 15th jan and offer a week later so waiting isn’t necessarily a bad thing! I don’t think they’re doing exceptional offers anymore though.
Hey! I've just dusted off my very old TSR account again! (Blimey, feels like years since I've been knocking around here!!)

I've got an interview for A101 here (it was the only one I could apply to because I missed out on the requirements for Warwick by 12 hours of experience; as I forgot I could only count 50 to an individual experience, didn't want to sit the GAMSAT and I'm doing a Computer Science (!) degree which Oxford wouldn't accept!) on the 18th. I'm a current student, so it'd be great to carry on.
Original post by tecwhizz
Hey! I've just dusted off my very old TSR account again! (Blimey, feels like years since I've been knocking around here!!)

I've got an interview for A101 here (it was the only one I could apply to because I missed out on the requirements for Warwick by 12 hours of experience; as I forgot I could only count 50 to an individual experience, didn't want to sit the GAMSAT and I'm doing a Computer Science (!) degree which Oxford wouldn't accept!) on the 18th. I'm a current student, so it'd be great to carry on.

Same here, I've been stalking these threads for so long and didnt want to post in case I embarrassed myself for even trying to apply (I'm coming from a languages background, even more rogue than Computer Science!)

Good luck for your interview :smile: I'm trying to prep but there's so much that could be asked I don't really know where to start haha
Reply 43
Good luck over the next to weeks everyone.
Anyone here had their interview yet? if so how'd it go?

I've got mine tomorrow and i couldnt be any more nervous :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by meddymedmed1
Anyone here had their interview yet? if so how'd it go?

I've got mine tomorrow and i couldnt be any more nervous :smile:

Just had mine, everyone's quite nice and accomodating tbh. I wish I bought an earlier train ticket though.
Reply 46
Since the email says we need to bring qualification certificates (not including AS or GCSE), I'm of course going to bring my degree certificate but should we also bring A level certificates too?
Reply 47
Original post by Ellios
Since the email says we need to bring qualification certificates (not including AS or GCSE), I'm of course going to bring my degree certificate but should we also bring A level certificates too?

Nope. At the very least, I wasn't asked to.
Hello! I’ve just had my interview for Newcastle. Does anyone have an idea of when rejection or offers are made? Thank you!
Do bring Alevels! They briefly check them!
Original post by Hrowden96
Do bring Alevels! They briefly check them!

I suspect you’re on the wrong thread
They asked for my Alevels and degree certificates when I went last week for my interview at Newcastle
I only got asked for my degree certificate as this was my latest and most relevant qualification. They had a very brief look at it. They interview grads and undergrads at the same time so they may be primed to ask for a levels too but I phoned in advance to check - degree certificate is all they need.
Original post by Hrowden96
They asked for my Alevels and degree certificates when I went last week for my interview at Newcastle

I don’t see why they possibly would. They don’t require a level qualifications. Absolutely not necessary.
Hi does anyone have any tips on how to get a high UCAT score?
Reply 55
Original post by gradmed98

Honestly most of it is practice, there are plenty of resources out there to do practice tests online - honestly just bash out as many questions as possible and they'll get easier and easier.

Don't focus too much on timing early on, it'll just stress you out - focus on learning the best methods for answering the questions then work on streamlining the technique to do it as fast as possible.

Buy a book from Amazon "XXXX UCAT practice questions", I think they're generally £10-20 and contain a practically endless supply of questions, not sure if this is allowed but if you DM me I'd be happy to send you my copy for free, it has a bunch of answers filled in but plenty haven't been done.

IMO there's no quick fix here, you're very early to the game now so just get practicing and you'll be a natural by the time you take the exam!

Also feel free to DM me if you have any specific questions, I've taken the UCAT twice myself and done fairly well both times!
Original post by gradmed98

Chuck me a dm and I’ll send you some resources. I have some sheets on DM and a ‘cheat sheet’ I made of all the possible types of patterns and what hints to look for in AR. I do literally swear by Medify though
(edited 4 years ago)
Should we be expecting to hear back anytime soon? It's all i can think about atm
Reply 58
Original post by meddymedmed1
Should we be expecting to hear back anytime soon? It's all i can think about atm

Last year the December interviewees heard back on the 22nd January I believe
Original post by Ellios
Last year the December interviewees heard back on the 22nd January I believe

We heard within a week, but I think people that didn’t get exceptional offers heard in Feb

Latest

Trending

Trending