The Student Room Group

Why is Imperial colleges student satisfaction so low?

Student satisfaction has consistently caused LSE, UCL and Imperial to be belittled by the likes of St Andrews Durham and Warwick when there is no comparison in fact.
Original post by Anonymous
Student satisfaction has consistently caused LSE, UCL and Imperial to be belittled by the likes of St Andrews Durham and Warwick when there is no comparison in fact.

because, as I explained yesterday London is a hole and should be de-populated and then nuked

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2018/07/09/london-has-excellent-universities-but-unhappy-students
Original post by A Rolling Stone
because, as I explained yesterday London is a hole and should be de-populated and then nuked

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2018/07/09/london-has-excellent-universities-but-unhappy-students

taking out a 1/3 of the UK's GDP in London's metropolitan area and 20% of the population

unlike other European countries where there are many important cities, power, politics, finance, jobs, investment is dominated by London, meaning it is an attractive place to work/settle

meaning many consider (to some truth) that the rest of the UK is *the adjective you just used* :smile:

Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
taking out a 1/3 of the UK's GDP in London's metropolitan area and 20% of the population

unlike other European countries where there are many important cities, power, politics, finance, jobs, investment is dominated by London, meaning it is an attractive place to work/settle

meaning many consider (to some truth) that the rest of the UK is *the adjective you just used* :smile:

i will take green rolling hills and quaint village pubs over gangland stabbings and islamic jihad any day
Reply 5
Depends on the course. Rolling Stone's London hate boner does not answer everything. Geology has super high student satisfaction, but for physics it's been pretty bad. They are working on improving that in response to the NSS scores though.
Reply 6

Hi what is this supposed to mean
Hi what is this supposed to mean

ah sorry lol - gender ratio in some courses is heavily tilted towards men which some people hate... :smile:
Reply 8
ah sorry lol - gender ratio in some courses is heavily tilted towards men which some people hate... :smile:

Ah yes I understand but even after incentives by universities, girls just don’t seem to apply to engineering and maths etc. It’s true for all unis but just that stem is the only thing in imperial so it has a bigger impact on its ratio
Ah yes I understand but even after incentives by universities, girls just don’t seem to apply to engineering and maths etc. It’s true for all unis but just that stem is the only thing in imperial so it has a bigger impact on its ratio

Does that mean if I apply to imperial I'll have a higher chance of getting in than a male because they're short of females?
I think some people at LSE and Imperial take issue with the environment there so they have oddly low student satisfaction for such academically strong institution. I think this has been written about a fair amount.
Does that mean if I apply to imperial I'll have a higher chance of getting in than a male because they're short of females?

Not all courses are short on females. Eg medicine...
Original post by SanityGone
Not all courses are short on females. Eg medicine...

I'm talking about computer science

Shouldn't do, this type of discrimination isn't practiced
Reply 14

no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending